Oh you arrogant a**hat...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
My son goes to a private school. This summer they installed a new security system where you need a key fab to get in to the building unless it’s 15 minutes before or after school. Understandable. It’s more secure and more convenient than how we used to access the before/after school care room.

On Monday, the first day of school, I was the first parent there. Gave our brand new principal my deposit of $20, got my key fab. He marks it off in his little book and puts my check in his chest pocket, pats it and says, “It’s in the vault!”

Today, I try to drop-off at 8:25, so I can make it to work by 8:30. Key fab doesn’t work. Finally, at 8:43, new principal comes and stands inside the door preparing to open it at 8:45. I show him my key fab and motion it doesn’t work. He, tight lipped, shakes his head at me like I’m a 5 year old child. I wait... but am very frustrated that he won’t let me in and I’m now late to work. Doors open and I say to him, “Hi, I’m so and so, and my key fab still hasn’t been activated.”

His reply? Without EVER looking at me and as condescendingly as possible, “Well, YOU must not have paid your deposit.”

Not to make a scene around my son, I simply pat his chest pocket and said, “Yeah… you put it in ‘the vault’ on Monday. You might want to look into that.”

How much do you think I’m liking this man? Arrogant jerk.

<----And no... I wasn't wearing this at the time.

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Put your bra on the outside next time. Surely that'll work.

Edit: And how the Hell do you get a fob without paying a deposit? Shank a parent for one? It will still work then. Jerk.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    DOH!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    THROAT PUNCH!
  • VenomousDuck
    Options
    *kitten* whoopin' time...

maybe he spent your $20 on malt liquor or boone's farm wine. High class stuff.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well maybe you should have worn that. He might have been quicker to open the door.

Hope you get this worked out. Give 'em hell if you have to!
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you took that off, haha
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You should have grabbed the handle to the vault in the basement and turned it!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    nothing to see here folks.. she made him look stupid... move along.. move along..

these arent the droids your looking for..
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think you should wear that for the next drop-off.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love your response to him!!! LMFAO......I <3 You!!!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I think you handled it very well!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I hope he apologized and felt stupid!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    What a turd. Let me guess, no apology will be forthcoming either.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a chi-chi private boy's school (for 11 long years), and it seems to be an epidemic in those places. My boss used to call me "an odd bird" -- mostly because I worked on databases, and grew up in a rural area outside the city and went to (gasp) public school.

And most people there never "HAD" to work a day in their lives, so didn't understand what it's like for those that do -- so of course he wouldn't even THINK about you being late to work.

I would've deposited that key fob up his nose and walked out. GADS.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You should have grabbed the handle to the vault in the basement and turned it!

that only works if you have the correct combination...36 left, 13 right, 42 left...and PULL!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    THROAT PUNCH!

This
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

<----And no... I wasn't wearing this at the time.

I believe I have located the problem.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Love your response to him!!! LMFAO......I <3 You!!!!

Like a BOSS!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Oh no, there was NO apology. In fact he did an annoyed "sigh" and stayed silent.

Great first impression you're making on the parents, buddy.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I think you should wear that for the next drop-off.

Perhaps I should. But my poor child *LOL*