Super busy almost 40 working mom of 5...

Options
Just joined this site and reaching out to anyone in my same shoes. I'm all most 40 and have 5 kids, 15-8. I had no problem loosing the weight after the pregnancies, but it has slowly crept on over the years. what's your story?

Replies

• nc_moon_beam
    nc_moon_beam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi!! 40+ mom of two teens (15 and 13) who has a thyroid disease!

Welcome to the board!

Sending you a friend request....
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this past week. I am also quite a busy mom with four kids, you must be a lot more brave than me going for the five!! haha My kids are 4, 7, 11, and 14..ugh, I have almost every age group and phase out there. One minute I am dealing with preschool tantrums and the next minute I am dealing with teenage tantrums..I will take the preschool tantrums any day!! Welcome to the site, feel free to add me. I love to encourage and be encouraged and also build an awesome support/accountability as well.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    forgot to put my age...lol, must be me trying to hide it! haha Anyways, I am 37 and I am celebrating my 16th anniversary today.
  • Virgo75
    Virgo75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 too and will celebrate 16 years in October!
  • becsel
    becsel Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi. I'm a bit older but I've been in your shoes. My kids are 20, 21, 23, and 25. I never found time for myself until now. I wish I had lost this weight long ago, but I am very happy with my success using this site. The community is proof to me that you can be successful at any age!
  • TriciaLashua
    Options
    Hi, I'm almost 40 with 4 kids...16, 13, 2.5 and 1.5. Last 2 were high risk pregnancies, bed rest and I came out with 2 kids and diabetes lol I have a thyroid issue, gastric paresis, PCOS...you name it. Ive lost 26 lbs since June. I used to run 30 miles a week plus walk a few miles a day just 5 years ago. What happened?? lol
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Busy 41 year old mom with 3 teenagers 14, 15, & 16. Sending you a friend request.
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started a few weeks ago. I will be 40 next July and I'm a mom to 2 children, 16 and 12. There was no way I was turning 40 in this body so here I am! I have set out on this journey to get healthy and have people say to me, "what? you can't be 40!" That would be the greatest birthday gift ever! Sent you a friend request!
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    42 and mom of two 13 and 11 yrs old. Always ate everything I wanted and never exercised but when I hit 40 i started gaining a little more . I'm on here trying to get motivated to lose the 10lbs i gained over the summer. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • specialtreat
    Options
    Hi and welcome :-) I am almost 40 eeek! and have 5 children aged 15 down to 3. I am a SAHM and my husband works away for 1 week and home for 1 week, so yes I am kept pretty busy. I have always been a slim person , didn't have a lot of trouble getting the excess weight off after my pregnancies, even with my last baby I dropped my weight pretty quickly. Then it started to creep back on slowly, a whole 20kgs [44 lb] not a huge amount but enough for a sortie like me to feel down and miserable :-( No more excuses for me, I am now half way to reaching my goal.
    All the best to you, I am sure you will find lots of helpful information here and there are plenty of wonderful, beautiful inspirational people on here to help you along the way.
    xx
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    41 year old mother of four here, ranging in age from 8 to 18, all still living at home. I also am the assistant director for a 911 center, so I am always busy! But I have finally decided it is time to make time for ME, and be as healthy as I can be! I have lost over 80 pounds, but still have a ways to go. I am very committed, and WILL do it this time!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi there I'm 43 with two little ones ( 21 months and 5 year old ) you would think I'd be skinny because of all the running around but I went on the opposite route. I have gained weight and no energy all the time. So I'm back here in MFP to do some serious commitment this time. Feel free to add me :D
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hi stay at home mom of three. Ages 10, 8 and 4. I also homeschool all three. Keeps me busy, but I love it. I do try to let the kids workout with me when they can and as long as they stay out of the way and don't ask questions. I am usually too out of breath for chit chat, lol. Other times I like to workout on my eliptical after the hubby comes home. It is in my bedroom so I shut the door (and lock it) turn a movie on my iPad on, put my headphones in and drown out the world. Love that time to myself.

My weight has come on after each kid. I never gain a bunch of weight with my pregnancies I usually gained it after quitting nursing. A lot. Then I would lose about 50-60 pounds and then get pregnant again. Only to start the cycle over. I am definitely having to work the hardest I ever have to lose weight, as I am now 37 years old. But, I am also eating the healthiest and most balanced. I eat healthy the majority of the time but, if I want a treat I have it. I just have to work harder to get the extra calories in my day. I do circuit training DVDs with weights at home. I also do several videos on YouTube. Crunch Boot Camp is a good one on there, 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels and several Tae Bo videos are on there. Definitely a great resource. There is a blog called Bender Fitness that is by a member of MFP. She is crazy in shape and she posts links to workout videos that she does from her home and then she posts to YouTube. Another great resource.

So glad you joined! May you be blessed on your new journey to fitness.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    43 mother of a 16 year old and 13 year old. Their activities keep me so busy that I sometimes forget about myself. Feel free to add me and welcome
  • skeeler03
    skeeler03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm quite the underachiever here: only 2 kids. lol. But, I'm 43 with a 4 year old and a 10 year old, stay at home mom, with a brand new treadmill, and over 50-60 workout dvds. Now, I just need to keep my eating under control and get into and keep up a good exercise routine. :)
    Would be happy to have some friends around my age with kids. :smile:
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 45 year old Mother with 1 son 17 and two step-sons 22 & 25 I too have slowly been putting the lbs over the last 10 years and am so glad I found this site.
    I have finally decided that I need to come first for a change, I have always put my famlies needs before my own and still do to some extent. I need to learn to be a bit more selfish with my time. LOL

Feel free to add me :)
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Will be 42 in a couple of weeks and also a working mom of 5;)
  • Virgo75
    Virgo75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am hoping MFP will help me be more accountable to myself about what I eat. I've never had a weight issue, but suddenly here it is. UGggg!
  • Masil20
    Masil20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41, have two kids (10 & 7) who are so busy that the only time I get to work out is at 5:10 am (at least that's when my alarm goes off). I also work full time with a 40 minute commute.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, a mom of 5 and also work part time :)