Ladies. . . .shaving issues

Options
sevsmom
sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
So, ladies, have any of you who have had significant weight loss notice that it's harder to shave your legs & underarms? I've been noticing that my knees have lost their "fluff" and it makes shaving the front or behind the knee tricky. I routinely get in the sun and see areas that I've apparently missed for over a month?!? I've also noticed that my underarms are much more like arm PITS now and I keep finding a spot that must curve too much for the flat razor to hit (even though I go over the area like 20 times a shave). I was investigating an odd itch and found a patch that had apparently escaped the blade for weeks & weeks. GROSS!!!! When I was heavier and more "filled out" I never had this happen. Am I the only one or does anyone else notice that???

Silly thought for the kick off to a long weekend. Can you tell I don't want to be at work today?!? :-)

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Shaving the backs of my knees terrifies me because of the tendons! I resort to using Nair or an electric razor on the 'scary' areas.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I still have my fluff but this is definitely "something to look forward to" HAHAHA!! Lemme know if you figure it out ;)

Happy Friday!

Cheers
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am forever missing some on my knee caps... I haven't had the problem with underarms! ;-)
  • staceface519
    Options
    It happened to me to when i lost 100 pounds. . . but once i started to tone more and my skin got tighter (like by my arm pits) i had less of that problem. . .

and i so do not want to be at work either dear!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    laser hair removal. life. changing.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I notice that from time to time too, and it really yanks my chain!!! :o)
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    With respect to the legs, I usually wax so not much has changed for me there. But with respect to the pits... yes, yes, a thousand times YES. I noticed that dip/curve a while ago and was all... "what the heck?! I swear I shaved you effortlessly before!" Small price to pay, though, hahah. ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I can't say that I have that problem. Perhaps a different style of razor would help.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I got 4 hairs on one leg and 3 on the other....aren't I the lucky one???
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I cut myself shaving my legs all the time...solely because I'm admiring my gams.
    Everything else has been lasered off, so thankfully I'm not chopping up anywhere else.

Keep your legs straight and toes pointed when shaving the backs of your legs, that should help.
    In the mean time, don't flex your calves and stare at them when shaving around your ankles...

leg.jpg
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Seeing this thread makes me feel normal with my shaving Yes ladies I do shave my legs and I love the feeling of then after
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For underarms, put your arm behind your head, your hand between your shoulderblades. It makes the pit flat. :)
    For knees (back or front), just keep your leg straight, bending at the waist.
    Enjoy the weekend!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues with my "pits" lol!! I have to do some weird movements to get a "patch" that I constantly miss... the things we girls have to go through!! :laugh:
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!

I've always wanted to do that.. but isn't it pretty expensive?
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So Funny!!! Yes after lifting heavy weights for a year, underarms have a deep pocket...LOL!!! A challenge...So funny, I always wondered if anyone had this issue...High 5 for tossing it out there...lol:-)
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    I've actually thought it's been easier to shave! Easier to reach everything ;) hahaha
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Start a new trend...knees with bangs. :smile:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options

^^This!! I had my underarms done, and they are smooth and pretty. No more bumps or rash...beautiful! I'm so happy with those results I am going to have my entire body done: legs, bikini, face, tummy...the works! :bigsmile: