I feel like crap today... :(

Options
2»

Replies

• spikedkanji
    spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Migranes can also come from a sudden lack of potassium. potassium is whats needed to help your nerves fire. (send single from one end of the body to the other) when there is a lack of potassium in the system the parts that usually get used up first are in the head (migrane) or in your legs (they are the most active and burn it up quicker)(charliehorses, cramps, etc.) So try eating a banana every day if not every other day, you'll see an improvement on the migranes and it will help other parts to for working out.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! Hubbs just bought some bananas... And I'm hungry! Perfect combo... :D
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    If you feel the need to work out, just go for a walk .. The increase blood flow will help with said head ache.. Up to you though....

Why don't you up your calories some... 1200 is the bare minimum and it doesn't have to be like that ..

Your head ache could just be that or a side effect of reduced calories and Caffeine consumption

Im thinking this! hope your headache subsides quickly! migraines are no joke!!
  • OSUChristina
    OSUChristina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know when I get my migraines, exercising actually makes it worse; my migraines are hormonal though. I get them once a month like clockwork.

If you feel up to doing something take a walk but if your body is telling you no, you probably need the rest. Just my two cents.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is a drug... and you are going through withdraws. Once your body gets used to not having any caffeine you'll be fine =)

THIS ^^
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was also addicted to diet soda. I drank NO water in a day for a very long time. When I decided enough was enough, I dropped right down to 2 cans a day, but increased my water to AT LEAST 8 cups, usually more. For the first time ever, I didn't get the dreaded caffeine-withdrawl headache. Now I'm down to 1 can a day, and I have more energy now than I ever did drinking all that soda. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You don't mention how much water you are drinking.

Dehydration may be a cause and whilst you are cutting out the caffiene you don't mention whether you are keeping your fluid intake up with water/milk/juice/squash. Particularly important if you are exercising.

I
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I got off the soda many years ago, but still had the same issues of withdrawal.

I had stomach/bladder problems with coffee and tea. Eventually I switched my fake sugar to real sugar ... and found that my stomach/bladder problems went away. (And felt even better when I stopped drinking them, too.)

Switching to diet/decaf soda may solve the caffeine issue, but the extra chemicals might pose other problems.

I only drink water now ... an occasional herbal tea ... and very rarely anything else ... and eat very little processed foods. I feel much better than I did. If I have soda now, or anything with artificial color or artificial flavor or fake sugar ... it tastes like poison ... and I don't feel well for a day or two after.

Water is good!!!

Good luck with your headaches.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    I'm drinking 2 liters of water a day minimum... And it feels great!

Let's hope my migraine is withdrawal and weather condition and that both improve shortly!

Thanks everyone for the tips/advice/opinions/concern... :)

Hugs,

Andrea
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Yesterday I started having the worst migraine ever, still there today... :( I've been cutting on caffeine (Pepsi Max) drastically, as it is the only thing I was drinking during the day for the last year (flame me now). I've been also exercising a lot, compared to the last fifteen years (ouch!) and having no more than 1200 net during the day. I'm heating healthy, I've suppressed all industrial bakery, crap and stuff and till yesterday, I was feeling great.

Two questions:

1. Is this normal and will the migraine plus feeling crap pass?

2. Should I exercise today despite feeling physically bad? My body says no, but in my head, I need my exercises now!

Thank you for listening/reading,

Andrea

Exercising actually helps my migraines due to the increased blood flow. It hurts like heck to start, but I definitely feel better when I'm done.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I have been there too... I suspect it is from all the changes, tough it out a little longer, drink lots of water and eat more and see where you are at. You have the rest of your life to exercise don't make it a miserable experience if you just can't for a bit.

It could just be a coincidence too..
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I drink at least one diet cola or pepsi every day, so no judgement here! Maybe you should gradually cut down on it rather than going cold turkey. Or at least replace the cola with a cup of tea or coffee.

Tea and coffee don't agree with my tummy... :'(:'(:'(

What about non caffeinated teas - like herbal? Examples: Chamomile? I bring it up, only because when I feel rough, a nice cup of warm herbal tea, helps me to relax.....so sorry you in pain....
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    How's your head today? Any better? :ohwell:
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Head is getting real better!!! :D:D:D:D

Problem is, I'm tired... Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tired... :(

Need to work out, I guess...
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good, glad your head is feeling better.

If the tiredness doesn't resolve soon, maybe you should get yourself checked out - maybe a bit of anemia? Good luck :O)