Oh you arrogant a**hat...

Options

Replies

• nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You are essentially asking that he remember you out of how many other parents? He forgot. He made a mistake. Maybe he was being arrogant in tone. It's the first week of school and he is worrying about a lot of parents, a lot of staff, and a lot of kids. Maybe cut him some slack? If he continues to act like a jerk, you may have a real problem.

You get to choose how to move forward. You can let this one go and not let it bother you, or let it negatively impact your view of the principle. Doesn't have to mean you are walking around hating the guy, nor does it mean you have to be doormat if he is genuinely mistreating you. But deciding now that he's arrogant can color a relationship for years.

He forgot - he made a mistake! He certainly did.

He forgot the difference between an adult and a child (not that he should talk to a child like that either).

Tweaking the vault gets my vote.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You are essentially asking that he remember you out of how many other parents? He forgot. He made a mistake. Maybe he was being arrogant in tone. It's the first week of school and he is worrying about a lot of parents, a lot of staff, and a lot of kids. Maybe cut him some slack? If he continues to act like a jerk, you may have a real problem.

You get to choose how to move forward. You can let this one go and not let it bother you, or let it negatively impact your view of the principle. Doesn't have to mean you are walking around hating the guy, nor does it mean you have to be doormat if he is genuinely mistreating you. But deciding now that he's arrogant can color a relationship for years.

I didn't ask that he remember me. I introduced myself again, the third time in fact. I had no expectation of that. I do have an expectation that he treat people with some damn respect. Absolutely.
    You acted as if he should remember that you paid for the key fob. That was what I mean by remembering you.

I know it's a lot more fun to pile on and talk about the faults of someone that wronged us. You will get plenty of people agreeing with your a**hat determination. (and people who will judge a man's character and job performance based on one reported incident) For all I know, this guy is a huge a**hat - it sounds like he didn't treat you very well. But I figure what's the point in piling on? Unless he's here, we can't do much to change his behavior. And I know you well enough to know that you weren't hurt by this, and don't need consoling. So what's left?

I don't discount this was a mistake on his part, or that he was being a jerk to you. But he's not here on the forum. You're here posting about the incident. To me, the only productive discussion is your behavior. But I'm weird like that.

Of course you should expect to be treated with respect. Does that mean you should never see this man be tired, frustrated, or crisp in tone? Maybe it does. That's your call.

What about reciprocation? Do you consider putting your hand on someone and calling out their mistake treating him with respect? I think that was disrespectful and condescending. Shouldn't he expect to be treated with respect as well?

Again, it doesn't matter if he was more in the wrong. It's not a scale. Assuming you weren't perfect (as none of us are), what about the scenario could you have improved? You know I like you. If you just wanted to post about the experience and have people agree with you, I'm sorry. My brain doesn't usually work like that.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ***Fan fiction ending to the story***

As the man laughed like a cartoon villain and wagged his finger at our hero, Odusgulp could feel her anger rising. "How come you didn't pay your deposit?" he bellowed. His laughter continued.

She looked at him with angry, fiery eyes and pointed at his chest pocket. His laughter stopped as mortal fear settled into his soul. She uttered "It's in the vault."

Suddenly her hand lunged forward to seize the vault. She grabbed a handful of his left chest and t!Tty twisted a full 180 degrees. He screamed in pain and he collapsed on the ground in a blathering heap, begging for mercy. As the children emptied into the hallways to investigate the sounds of a screaming little girl, Odusgulp casually turned and walked away.

She said, "I have no intention of making him an enemy." and then drove off for a much deserved mochaccino at Starbucks.

To Be Continued...
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

He forgot - he made a mistake! He certainly did.

He forgot the difference between an adult and a child (not that he should talk to a child like that either).

Tweaking the vault gets my vote.

And you are paying his salary!
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing physically assaulting the man is not an option...?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

I didn't ask that he remember me. I introduced myself again, the third time in fact. I had no expectation of that. I do have an expectation that he treat people with some damn respect. Absolutely.
    You acted as if he should remember that you paid for the key fob. That was what I mean by remembering you.

I know it's a lot more fun to pile on and talk about the faults of someone that wronged us. You will get plenty of people agreeing with your a**hat determination. (and people who will judge a man's character and job performance based on one reported incident) For all I know, this guy is a huge a**hat - it sounds like he didn't treat you very well. But I figure what's the point in piling on? Unless he's here, we can't do much to change his behavior. And I know you well enough to know that you weren't hurt by this, and don't need consoling. So what's left?

I don't discount this was a mistake on his part, or that he was being a jerk to you. But he's not here on the forum. You're here posting about the incident. To me, the only productive discussion is your behavior. But I'm weird like that.

Of course you should expect to be treated with respect. Does that mean you should never see this man be tired, frustrated, or crisp in tone? Maybe it does. That's your call.

What about reciprocation? Do you consider putting your hand on someone and calling out their mistake treating him with respect? I think that was disrespectful and condescending. Shouldn't he expect to be treated with respect as well?

Again, it doesn't matter if he was more in the wrong. It's not a scale. Assuming you weren't perfect (as none of us are), what about the scenario could you have improved? You know I like you. If you just wanted to post about the experience and have people agree with you, I'm sorry. My brain doesn't usually work like that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUSzeMjv6jcHGbX7-d3-2dtnskiGu511JqMFzkFuGnHMTui2_EGA&t=1
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Whoa... OK Ken. Ok.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Odus, did you expel flatulence on his penis?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Odus, did you expel flatulence on his penis?

I gave up cow milk and moved to almond milk, so I couldn't quite get it going when I wanted it to. DAMNIT!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Kick him in the weiner.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Get a receipt next time ;)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Get a receipt next time ;)

That would have done precisely nothing in this situation, but thanks for assuming I didn't get a receipt. I did :)
  • darkhakai
    Options

I don't discount this was a mistake on his part, or that he was being a jerk to you. But he's not here on the forum.

>_>

I think that statement is false! If I didn't know any better I'd say you found your principle!! lol

Besides, I think Ken is missing a glaring detail here. The simple fact that you HAVE a fab key should be enough to prompt the question of whether or not it's working properly. I mean, I have to imagine they're not exactly common keys. Who knows, I could be wrong. The point is, all he had to do was ask. There was no need for rudeness. ESPECIALLY after realizing she'd paid after all.

I imagine if you went to a place of business and were treated like crap by the employee, Ken, the fact that the person was having a bad day may help you understand why, but it certainly wouldn't EXCUSE the behavior.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I work at a private school. We all get tired, frustrated, busy, etc. That is no excuse for being rude/disrespectful to our parents or students. He was disrespectful in his body language and words, and I'd say the same thing if he had talked to a student like that. I think the way you patted his pocket and used the word "vault" was a clever way of reminding him that you had already paid. He should have realized he was wrong and apologized.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would like you to revisit this issue with him and suggest that perhaps his recreational activities are severely lacking in vaginas.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I would like you to revisit this issue with him and suggest that perhaps his recreational activities are severely lacking in vaginas.

I like this one the best! Make sure you say it as condecendingly as possible!
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Consider my day made.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Yes, and in all reality, I'm sure he is having a bit of a bad day. He's gotten a lot of backlash from parents about some drastic changes the school has made. Perhaps he was expecting me to lash out (as I've seen other parents do) and that was cause for his behavior. But really? I just wanted my son in before school care so I could make it to work on time *LOL*

It's a new school year, new principal, new rules, new start/end time, new security, new sign-in procedures, new chapel, new lunch program, raised tuition, raised fees, etc... It's a lot for everyone and I'm sure stress felt on all sides of the fence. Frankly, I'm just hoping the waters do calm down soon. It's my opinion that there was probably too much change, too soon.... This was all what we had to absorb the first day of school and the principals first year on the job. The stress amongst the teachers/staff & parents generally speaking can't be good for the kids.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Edit: And how the Hell do you get a fob without paying a deposit? Shank a parent for one? It will still work then. Jerk.

vanwithnowindows.com...they sell them by the dozens.
  • odusgolp
    Options

*swoon* I love it when you say Alotta Fagina.