BACON rant

Options

Replies

• Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why the OP didn't include cholesterol and other fats in the comparison.

According to the MFP numbers:

Turkey 15 cholesterol per slice 1 sat fat
    Pig 7.5 cholesterol per slice 1 sat fat

Hmmmmm....I'll take pig.
    http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/can-bacon-be-part-of-a-healthy-diet

Not to break your bubble, but the OP made this thread to help people realise that yes you can eat bacon and have a healthy life style and your link goes on to prove that as well.

Quoting from your own link 'Many researchers have concluded that regular consumption of processed meats may lead to higher risk for prostate cancer and several other cancers.' so lets see, irregular consumption should be fine! The OP was exactly saying it have it everyone morning with your eggs! She was pointing out that you can still eat and lead a healthy life style.

Oh yippee, I love picking sentences out of articles to make a point. How about this one from the same link

"Not only is bacon considered a red meat, it’s also a member of the dreaded "processed meat" group (even turkey bacon falls into this category. And NO amount of processed meat is considered safe to eat, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research."
    just buy your own pork belly and make your own.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon is made out of turkey -paste-

BLEERGH.

GIve me real pig over smushed turkey byproduct any day.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    turkey bacon is disgusting. i DO like turkey sausage though
  • Candy0928
    Candy0928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The "BACON rant" should be printed on t-shirts!
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My husband bought natural beef bacon last night for homemade burgers. It was incredible...reminded me of beef jerkey.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Love bacon.. but I feel bad for those piggies.

Mmmmmm, tasty, tasty piggies....
  • PhillyTD
    PhillyTD Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    35v1z3.jpg
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oh i'm excited! it's almost time to send our pig off. i can't wait for all the bacon she's been making for me!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    leftoverbacon.jpg

Love this :-D
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why the OP didn't include cholesterol and other fats in the comparison.

I will, I eat 4-6 slices of extra thick bacon every day AND 4 fried eggs in the fat. My Cholesterol was 126 this week after almost 8 months of eating all that fat and cholesterol. I am not on any cholesterol meds.

My diet is typically bacon, eggs, fatty beef, fish, chicken, cheese, nuts, oils, and non simple starch veggies.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My only problem with thick cut bacon is even in the oven it ends up pretty thin. I only like it really crisp so I mostly buy what's on sale and isn't a brand I hate.
  • kris10stew
    kris10stew Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Another vote for real BACON!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your argument is invalid, oscar mayer bacon is not real bacon

Go to your butcher and get some thick cut bacon

bacon pr0n
    dscn0341.jpg

Best kind of bacon ever!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Pig

Proof of God's love for us all.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH BACON!
  • PapaDunx
    PapaDunx Posts: 243
    Options
    I live in the Egyptian Sinai desert when Im not studying in the UK, and proper bacon is a marketable commodity.
    When I go home, I purposely book 32kg for my luggage, so that I can carry a plethora of piggie products.

Having loads of Euro buddies I look on it as a Red Cross parcel as emergency aid.
    Polish salami, German pepperoni, pork chops, sausages, but the prize for the biggest amount of begging is Danish bacon. I get it from a local butcher and get it in thick chop-like slices. so, none of this rasher crap!! Gimme bacon! And gimme it NOW!!!

The extra weight allowance cost is offset by the "carriage" cost of the particular orders.

The morning after I get back, we all head on up to my friend's pool to have a breakfast pool party with pig on the menu! Barbq'd bacon steaks, fresh eggs, fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, beans and gallons and gallons of coffee!!!

I love going home!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    There is this tiny little shop in Canterbury, Nh that an ex and I just happened upon (think dirt road, random building, no neighbors, may not make it out alive kind of place) called Fox Country Smokehouse. They the most delicious bacon, EVER!!!! They also have all kinds of other pork products, some duck, jerky, treats for the doggie like pigs hoofs.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Every time I open my pantry there is an overwhelming burnt bacon fumes coming in from the vent. The neighbor guys must eat it 5 times a day, they also listen to terrible music while eating bacon. Not a fan of bacon, and those guys are stinky!
  • msdivine26
    Options
    I started Paleo this week and am trying wrap my head around the idea that fat = good. But it sure is fun having bacon EVERY DAY.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian 29 out of 30 days in every month, but I will NEVER give up bacon. It is a food group all it's own, it receives a pass in the diet world (or at least in my diet world) as the one food that I don't give a *kitten* what the "stats" say. LOL

I effing LOVE bacon....REAL bacon, from PIGS.....and I will continue to eat it until the day I die. :p

ps....turkey bacon should be banned....as should chicken sausage. that is all