Need friends who are SERIOUS about changing their lives

Options
2»

Replies

• lnd2011
    lnd2011 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is great you are a motivator. You made a deal with yourself and you kept it. That is wonderful. Keep that mindset and you will meet your goals head on
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    Friend request sent your way :)

And anyone is more than welcome to add me as well.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I joined awhile ago, but I've only recently been getting serious... for awhile I didn't use the app everyday.

I'll add you! :D
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Friend request heading your way ... you must be several hours a head of me, just logged in for the morning! :)
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm serious. Very serious. :indifferent:

Although not TOO serious. :drinker: :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me anyone.
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sent a request your way.
  • 3ysha
    3ysha Posts: 7
    Options
    I sent you a friend request
    Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! Great loss! I have about 60 - 70 lbs to lose, and I'm as serious as the heart attack I want to avoid having if I don't lose the weight. Go ahead and add me, I'm looking for motivation and friends that are like-minded - and actually have to lose,.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Friend request heading your way ... you must be several hours a head of me, just logged in for the morning! :)

^^ this^^
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Request sent
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options
    You can add me =) I also have a friend who's name is 'Papabear' coincidence!?!?!?! lol
  • mckwl
    mckwl Posts: 1
    Options
    I started Shakeology 14 days ago. I am exercising everyday and staying with a 1300 low carb diet. I started using myfintnesspal on my Kindle fire and love it. This is the first time I have actully logged in on-line. I really like this site and love the support that you can get.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    thanks for the adds and replies! im feeling the love now :) xo
  • thegranniest
    Options
    I don't know how to invite friends, but you can invite me. I started exercising and eating well last year. I began because I was unbelievably depressed. My therapist had known me 17 years before when my kids were little and I was thin. He remided me that I used to exercise and run that it helps with anxiety and depression. I started by taking water aerobics at the public pool. Believe me, it was very much harder than I thought it would be. I went because my daughter offered to go with me. A few months later she and a friend joined the Anytime Fitness here in town. She encouraged me to go and my therapist "encouraged " ( nagged ) me as well. I began to "diet" by stopping all sodas. I still drank juice. Since then water and unsweetened tea with lemon and unflavored waters and 1 glass of red wine a few nights a week are all I drink. I gradually began to increase my cardio workout and adapt my diet toward healthier chaices. In the last 4 months I added strength training which I did in the past but had forgotten/neglected to do from the beginning this time. I have concentrated on fruit and veggies. I do not really consider it a diet. Some times I don't log in for a few days. When I do it reminds me to watch portion sizes. Last month on my birthday my daughter and I hiked a large hill in the area. It was a 700 foot incline in a 1 mile hike. I stopped people all the way up and said " today is my 53rd birthday and this is my first hike here". I got birthday wishes and congratulations many times on that hike. You CAN ask even total strangers for encoragement. Last week we hiked Multnomah Falls to the top, not just the bridge, then on for a total 6 mile hike with probably 30-40 switchbacks. We celebrated with Cheesecake Factory, but no cheesecake. Since then I have hiked Sahalie Falls to Koosah Falls with friends and yesterday i hiked Sweet Creek Falls by myself. Sweet Creek is incredible. I live in Oregon and have many falls and hiking trails available, you should look into it in your area. When we hiked Multnoma Falls we burned 2400 calories. It is difficult and I had to sit often, but my daughter was patient and it is so beauthiful and soul soothing. My daughter has lost over 75 pounds and I have lost 40 in the last year, but I am more proud of how much stronger I am both physically and emotionally. The depression is gone. I am happy with myself and though I could lose another 30 pounds, I am in no hurry and am enjoying not having to go to plus size stores anymore. Set goals like I want to do 30 minutes on the stairmaster, then a plan like I will start with 5 minutes for 2 or 3 weeks and then increase to 7. These are much more achievable than weight and have built in encouragement as you begin to achieve them. Surround yorself with people who are also working to be healthier. Get a good therapist if you need one, there are usually reasons why we gain weight that can be helped in this way. Good luck.