New to myfitnesspal

Options
I started not dieting, but eating right on Jan.1st 2010

I eat 1200 cals or less a day and work out at least 4 times a week with my Wii Fitness. My starting weight was 178, and as of this morning I am down to 170.6 I try to drink 3 liters a day of water and keep myself motivated by joining this site and the site my friend Tonya and I started on Facebook called Fatto Fab. Fatto Fab is a group of women who are motivating each other one day at a time. I choose to loose my weight the slow way and with out pills or supplements. I think its just mind over matter, and once a habit is formed it will continue that way.

I look forward to meeting new friends on myfitnesspal!

Replies

• Lynnlin
    Lynnlin Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal- I too, am new to this site- started a week ago on here, I don't think I have lost any weight yet, but I know I have lost inches, just from noticing how my clothes fit already. I am 5'3 and I weigh 205, and I want to make it to 140. At the moment, I view it as "dieting" but that is because I'm trying to control how much I put on my plate and trying to track my calories. Once it gets easier, I hope it will become a way of life. Great job so far with what you have accomplished and keep going! :)
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi cagas!
    Welcome to MFP, its fantastic here. I onnly joined last week, and have found everyone to be sooo supportive!

Well done on your weight loss!
  • cagas78
    Options
    Thanks Clwire30 and Lynnlin!

Something else I do, is I measure every week, and I have lost inches as well! Its awesome to see what has come off, especially my hips YAY!!!

I got on this site maybe a couple of weeks ago, maybe 3 IDK, but I do get on the Fatto Fab site on Facebook and put everything in there once a week. I was introduced to this site by my friend, and she is swearing that it will become a habit to log in my food before the fork or spoon passes the threshold of my mouth! So, I have decided to dedicate myself to do this daily! =)
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi cagas,
    thanks for the frind request!
    I definately agree with your friend, i put ALL my food into here, and although its only been about a week (or not even that i dont think), its a habit!!
    I love how supportive everyone is!