Bringing Ridiculous humor to something serious

Options
Good afternoon folks. I was just talked into joining this site by a friend. Hopefully it will help me with my weight related issues. I think I would fit into the 'giant' category. Standing 6'6'', and weighing in at 460 pounds, I'd probably be more at home in a professional wrestling forum. I'm still quite athletic, believe it or not, but it would be insanity to pretend this immense weight is not killing me.

I realized I truly had a problem when I participated in my company's softball game for charity. As a manager with the company, I led my team in two games. We had some epic play, and I did quite well myself. Many folks were suprised, not knowing me personally, only knowing me by my gigantic size. All was well, until after the games. It took me nearly 3 days to recover from the playing. Being a former baseball player in high school, I was shocked by my horrifically reduced stamina and recovery time.

I have a beautiful wife and 2 year old son. They are young and full of life. I'm only 28 myself, but I suffer from problems of an old man. Kidney stones, Gout. I don't want to rob my son of his youth because his father cannot be active with him. I don't want to die a young man, and leave my family to fend for themselves.

I'm looking for some friends on here for support, chatter, and to make a change together. I am a ridiculous, larger than life character. Let's work together to bring some ridiculousness to something deadly serious.

Replies

• Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A little humor makes the hard points in life easier to handle. If you can deal with a little friendly sarcasm i'm your gal. Feel free to add me. welcome to MFP, may your journey be life changing.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you can add me...but do you want Big HAHAs or average size hahas...I crack myself up and am never quite sure which I deliver..... If you choose not to add me,then I will go not eat a large Sundae and muddle through, but seriously I surely wish you the best, you want to stick around for your loved ones.....
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Humor makes everything easier! I have worked in the emergency services field for most of my life, and it's how we deal with the horrible stuff that we are faced with all the time! Add me if you would like. I have lost 80 pounds so far, but have quite a ways to go still!
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as friend.

I will encourage you and be honest.

You can do anything you want.

Make the choice.

Stay the course.

Remain focused.

Find male friends to keep you accountable.

Make tough decisions.

YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you are what you eat....we gotta eat a skinny person, man!

Total respect for starting this journey for the reasons that you are - I know you are going to be successful and I look forward to seeing you meet your goals with all your new MFP's help! Let's do this!!! (You can't tell but I am craning my neck looking up to see you, damn, think I just kinked it - is that 6'6 without heals? LOL!)
  • SaintlyVillian
    Options
    Finding heels in a 16 might be rough lol
  • SaintlyVillian
    Options
    And skinny folks are a lot like chicken. Bake them, and ditch the skin, and you have a wholesome, protein packed meal.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Long as you think Cena sucks then you'll fit right in.

Anyways, Losing weight is pretty simple. Just keep on logging and adjusting to make it work. You don't have to do a supermodel starve yourself diet. Just eat the foods you like and learn about moderation. When you start you'll be over for a while but when you learn to adjust It'll come off like no ones business. Exercising is pretty much your best friend.

Also remember your body gives you the same signal if your thirsty or hungry. Have a cup of water first and you still feel hungry then eat something.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind a somewhat nutty pregnant lady, I'd be happy to support you. I lost 40+ lbs before getting pregnant.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    people hate me
  • SaintlyVillian
    Options
    Cena certainly sucks! lol I think he actually represents whats wrong with professional wrestling today. Back when I was watching avidly in the 80s and 90s, wrestling was a spectacle. Guys like Andre, Vader, Earthquake, Lex Luger. Unusual specimens of humans. Now it's just Gold's guys who pump iron and steroids. Anywho, thanks for the advice!