The wonderful/terrible opportunity/dilemma.

Options
2»

Replies

• NikkiTheRazor
    NikkiTheRazor Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Brazilian steakhouses are AMAZING! Thanks for posting this. Now if me and the guy go to one of these again I have a strategy to utilize ;)
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That is a total WIN! Love those Brazilian steakhouses - but it's so darn easy to over eat! I applaud you - WTG!
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fab post. Sounds like my day today.
    When I go to the local wonderful Japanese restaurant, I usually get the combination tray, with the tempura, the sushi, the sashimi, the salad, the fish ... and wind up eating more than 1000 calories. (I added it up last time I went there.)
    So ... tonight, I decided to get a different meal: cooked shellfish and vegetables with Japanese sticky rice. I felt quite full at the end of the meal, added everything up ... and discovered I have nearly 200 calories left.
    Enough for a small serving of sorbet, if I want.
    Will I have it? Haven't decided yet.
    But it does feel VERY good to know I can do this!
    So, congrats to you, and thanks for the inspiration!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What a great post. Very uplifting. Congratulations on your foresight and your will power. Glad it worked out so well for you!
  • tubaman58
    Options
    Excellent!!!!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome. And that, my friends, is how you make a lifestyle change. Go you!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Cheesy bread (or anything with cheese) is a weakness of mine. I'm glad you kept it under control!
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think it is US that should be thanking YOU!

I agree 100%. I love MFP and all of my friends, but Scott, you just have a way of saying things that resonates. You're such a great motivator. I look forward to reading your posts every day!!!

ETA: Also, I think one of the hardest things to overcome is that "panicky" feel. My therapist reminded me that I had to give myself to eat more later, if I really wanted it. By doing that, I know longer have the fear that there won't be more food later. Giving myself "permission" to eat things I used to beat myself up for has allowed me to actually eat less of it. Good for you for overriding the fear!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    We don't have those kind of Restaurants here in the UK but visited one in Chicago and one in Toronto whilst visiting our daughter and I must say they are totally delicious! The one in Chicago had the most delicious mashed potato,I was not counting calories then just a greedy pig so ate loads! If we get to go to one of those places again I will take your advise. Thank you and have a great weekend.:wink:

Just to let you know they are some Brazilian BBQ places in the UK but they are few and far between. Just google brazillian barbecue UK. Yummy!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Excellent - planning for success and changing bad habits into some good, more healthy habits!

Way to go!
  • Esther50
    Options
    Way to take charge. Great post, thanks so much.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Truly inspiring and kudos to you! You will see your hard work paying off in no time Scott!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And you are a good writer too!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Growing up in a family of five kids I can understand that panicky feeling. We literally had to hurry to get the good stuff (ie junk food) or it would be gone before we knew it. I think I still have those tendancies to binge without thinking and ended up in a terrible way.
    Very nicely written:-)
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You made some really great choices! What a wonderful way to start your holiday weekend! Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou: