Day 2 post-op Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Today I'm feeling a bit down, exhausted, and just yucky overall...I had my doctors appointment yesterday and he said I'll have to go back to the hospital on Sunday to have some draining done because he thinks there may be lots of blood forming under my swelling. I think I'll just feel better once that is over & hopefully this extreme swelling starts to subside. I've gotten comments about how my belly button looks like it has disappeared & how my stomach may not return to being flat. I just wanted to let everyone know that according to my doctor that this is only temporary until my swelling goes down & my stomach, along with belly button, will be flat. He's emphasized to me that he removed A LOT of skin. I'm only three days out of operation and it's way too soon to determine what the final results are going to be.

My appetite has been missing, but I don't feel hungry at all....I've been forcing myself to eat little bits of food at a time, things like rice cakes, whole grain crackers, fruit & lots of pure apple juice & gatorade. My boyfriend is taking such good care of me. He's has little alarms for my medicines, empties my drains & tracks my progress, helps me bathe & keep up my hygiene, and last night he gave me a manicure & pedicure!! He's been good for reassuring me that everything is looking much better & that it's going to get better and better. His mother has had some plastic surgery done & reassured me that after the blood is emptied tomorrow that I will be feeling much better....I can't wait!

I'll probably take photos to post again tomorrow after I'm back from the hospital. Thanks again to all of you who have kept me feeling up beat & the ones of you that have been considering a tummy tuck & are following my journey. It was my goal to have a blog that would document my whole experience for others that were like me. If any of you tummy tuck vets have any words of wisdom on recovery I would greatly appreciate it!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!! Do not STRESSS, rest and recover!!!! We will still be here when you come back!!! Your BF is for sure a KEEPER! His mommy did well!
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!! Do not STRESSS, rest and recover!!!! We will still be here when you come back!!! Your BF is for sure a KEEPER! His mommy did well!

Thanks so much Vhuber! I'm so lucky to have all this support! I'm feeling really positive tonight & going to try and make an effort to eat a bigger meal to give myself energy before the dreaded shower tonight. I'll be posting to my blog later tonight about my binder, drains, stockings, and the shower experience I think. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow morning & getting the minor surgery out of the way so I can start reducing the swelling...fingers crossed!

Well...I'm feeling a little drugged & I think it's time for more medication haha. Take care everyone & I hope you're having a lovely weekend!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    so glad you are doing well. worried about you........but know this IS the best thing for you. you did the work and deserve to feel good in your skin!

God Bless!!

Jeannie
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow and thank you for being so candid with your journey. It will help people, for sure!
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your amazing weight loss and finally getting the surgery!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hope you feel a lot better after today's procedure! Thanks a bunch for being so open about this during the entire process, that can't be easy and it definitely is inspiring.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I have no idea how to find your blog, I was wanting to see these pictures.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    do you have drainage tubes in you? I had to have 2 drainage tubes in me for about 2 weeks to let out excess fluid. I HATED having them in but they did help a lot.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I have no idea how to find your blog, I was wanting to see these pictures.

Hey, here's a link to her blog!

http://tightertummy.blogspot.com/
  • Carleybby
    Options
    Thank you !
  • Carleybby
    Options
    You look great.

I was wondering, what did he say about scars?
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    do you have drainage tubes in you? I had to have 2 drainage tubes in me for about 2 weeks to let out excess fluid. I HATED having them in but they did help a lot.

I have two drains above my pubic area. They are starting to become painful & bother me. The doctor thinks that I have blood trapped in my stomach that is blocking the drain tubes, so I'm going in to the hospital in a couple hours to open my incision a bit & drain out some excess. I'm incredibly swollen right now! I feel so bad, unatractive, and just gross. I'm thankful that I took a full shower last night at least & I know I'll be feeling a bit better after a visit with the doctor again today. I don't know how long I'll have the tubes though :(
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    You look great.

I was wondering, what did he say about scars?

Thanks Arienna for posting that again! The scar will go from hip bone to hip bone. Hopefully it will fad a bit, but overall, having a bit of a scar is okay compared to having all that excess skin hanging off of me! As I just mentioned in my last post, I'm going ot the hospital in a couple hours because I have really bad swelling & the doctor wants to open up a bit of my incision and drain out some of it manually & have a look. I've been getting so paranoid with the swelling & the tight feeling, so it will be good to go in today. I'm posting daily on my blog, so you can check back to see new picks & what's happening! Thanks for your support!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options

I have two drains above my pubic area. They are starting to become painful & bother me. The doctor thinks that I have blood trapped in my stomach that is blocking the drain tubes, so I'm going in to the hospital in a couple hours to open my incision a bit & drain out some excess. I'm incredibly swollen right now! I feel so bad, unatractive, and just gross. I'm thankful that I took a full shower last night at least & I know I'll be feeling a bit better after a visit with the doctor again today. I don't know how long I'll have the tubes though :(

I know the pain.......I wanted them out ASAP but in the long run you will appreciate them being in. It is for your own good....just sucks lol
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thinking of you, I know you're focused on the procedure today.

Good luck, you'll do great, can't wait to see/hear the update.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Thought of you this morning looking at my own Tummy....Hope your doing well today & the procedure was a success:flowerforyou: Keep us posted.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts today! Well, I didn't have to get the minor operation in the end, which is always good. The doctor said he could empty out the trapped blood, but it wasn't necessary. He felt my swelling had gone down since he saw me & was really happy with the way I was healing. He said he was really impressed by how I am able to get around & my strength. So, I'm going to see him again on Tuesday & he'll do another check-up. He thinks my belly button should start to surface as my swelling goes down even more within a week. I have my fingers crossed because I have to get back to work in 8 days!

I'll do another blog entry tonight, but i'm feeling like a bit of mess today, just tired & a bit emotional. I've read it's common to go through these kind of days & I think a lack of sleep triggered it for me. I'm now in a new position back in comfy bed rather than the couch, so hopefully it will help get me some sleep.

Thanks again for all your posts & for showing so much interest! It's helping me get by day by day! I'm always willing to answer any questions that any prospective tummy tuckers have. It sounds like we have quite a few veteran tummy tuckers out there too who can help!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's great news! Hope you get some much deserved rest now that you are all tucked in. I know that sweet guy of yours will make sure you're comfortable.

:flowerforyou: Cheryl . . . . .no tucks thanks. . . .( tummy tuck, that is - if anyone wants to tuck me in, I'm all for that! :laugh: )
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your blog link.... I really am interested in seeing how this all goes for you. I'm very interested in having one myself, and look forward to hearing and seeing all about your experience!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!