14 year old boys, chocolate cake, and d & d parties

Options
2»

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I loved everything about role playing games when I was younger. I miss them. :drinker:
    Who says you can't still play?
    I know plenty of adults who stull play ( self included)

Two reasons for me anyways:

1. Time requirement, way too much. Same reason I haven't fired up a video game in almost 3 years.

2. I tried a few years back and apparently don't have the imagination for it anymore. Sad, but true.

All that being said, I have the fondest memories and played from 10 - 18. I do miss it, but perhaps some things are left in the past.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My eldest son is in the Peace Corps and has been in South Africa for over a year. He used to be the DM for this group of kids. He now uses Google Talk (his only way to access the internet and chat) with his brother to give him advice now that they're doing it for themselves. It's a bonding thing.

Haven't given in yet.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I want to play D&D!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    When I was 14, everyone seemed convinced that D&D would bring an end to humanity.
  • magerum
    Options
    When I was 14, everyone seemed convinced that D&D would bring an end to humanity.

Absolutely!! You should check out the after-school-special movie from that time period...

Maze's and Monsters staring...a 16 year old Tom Hanks. It's freaking awesome!
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you took a photo. I would love to see it lol
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Absolutely!! You should check out the after-school-special movie from that time period...

I remember that! Might just have to Netflix that to see if it was really as bad as I remember it being.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

it did
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OP: You're an awesome mom! Hope you'll post a pic of the cake?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

it did

That is about the time things started to go downhill. Hmmm, it's all starting to make sense now.

ETA: Oh, and yes, this is awesome...and sorry for the mini-thread hijack. At least it's a related topic.
  • magerum
    Options

I remember that! Might just have to Netflix that to see if it was really as bad as I remember it being.

Do it! You wont regret it....

"I don't know what's going on!!" Tom Hanks while holding a swiss army knife in a phone booth... epic.
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love D&D, and collect dice and dice-shaped objects. I want to see a picture of the cake!
  • abbeamer
    abbeamer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! (Not only on the cake, but for having 20s for both your WIS and CON primary stats: you didn't give in to temptation. D&D is still alive and well. At school, when I proposed a D&D club, 20 students showed up...and all of them stayed. (We had to break into four groups). Kudos on the creativity of the d10 cake!