Why weight lifting is important on this journey... (pic)

Options
hg5159
hg5159 Posts: 76 Member
Photo on the left is from April 2012. Photo on the right is from August 2012. Just 4 months difference.

4215ff1f.jpg

I still have work to do. Today I surpassed the 50 lbs lost mark. I walk, run, use the elliptical. But the weight lifting is what's making the biggest changes to my body.

I don't lift heavy (yet!) I use free weights, machines, I do assisted pull ups and dips, pushups... whatever I can. I mix it up. I'm no expert. But seeing photos side by side really showed me that this is working. I encourage you to lift too! And take photos because that's how you'll see your progress.

PS. Feel free to add me, if you're looking for a new friend. :)

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This pic inspires me, I love it so much. It's very true though, that weight lifting really makes a difference between soft skinny and fit sknny arms! Keep it up!
  • Couponqueenren
    Couponqueenren Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Absolutely impressive! My gym pal and I have dabbled with the weights but I think we need to spend a little more time one it. Thanks for the post
  • lululucky1
    lululucky1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sooo true keep it up!
  • finally79
    finally79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for incorporating weight lifting. Tonight I am so taking before pics and will post them in four months too!.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Damn those arms are looking awesome. I love those weights, they make me one happy girl! Congratulations you earned it!!
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this as I've been wondering how I'm gonna get rid of the flab left behind losing all the weight, and now I have my answer. I'm only at 28 lbs lost and haven't been exercising b/c I have herniated discs, but once I get my PT under way, and get my back to working again, you bet I'm gonna start with cardio and lifting! :D
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This inspires me to keep on lifting weights. Thanks for sharing.
  • SarahCLS
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Such a big difference!! :-D
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!! I LOVE FREE WEIGHTS. You have made great improvement on your arms. AWSOME!!!
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm weight training 3 times per week but have not yet seen the muscle definition. This will inspire me to keep going.
  • Green_Ash
    Green_Ash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been weightlifting and using MFP and have had more success in the past 2 1/2 months than I've had...well pretty much ever. Great job and thanks for the pics! They're very inspiring!
  • RenaHope
    Options
    That is amazing progress. You look amazing and strong, too :p
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Photo on the left is from April 2012. Photo on the right is from August 2012. Just 4 months difference.

4215ff1f.jpg

I still have work to do. Today I surpassed the 50 lbs lost mark. I walk, run, use the elliptical. But the weight lifting is what's making the biggest changes to my body.

I don't lift heavy (yet!) I use free weights, machines, I do assisted pull ups and dips, pushups... whatever I can. I mix it up. I'm no expert. But seeing photos side by side really showed me that this is working. I encourage you to lift too! And take photos because that's how you'll see your progress.

PS. Feel free to add me, if you're looking for a new friend. :)

Great guns - we all know they are sexy
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Looks great! this is something I need to do
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    I have different size weights and have stared with 5lb bells for each hand.. however not sure what excersise to do to target different areas for the arm. I AM using stretch bands and follow a Michael Thurman tip for the back flab on the arms. What is your weight limit how many reps etc. do you do? Am interested as I know core strengthing is important for me as thats where most my weight lies. Would like to know what you did. Thanks!
  • bruceinthepit88
    Options
    Good way to inspire everyone : Showing the results. Keep going. Add request sent :D
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! :)

I love lifting... and my arms and shoulders are some of my best results -- if you ignore the Bat wing flapping below it! So - your arms?!? Rocking!! :)
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    wow!! looks like a diff arm all together!!! lol
    gr8 job!
    yeah i do body pump at gym once a wk... othewise its cardio
    but i shoud try to do it more... and or get some hand /barbells at home too!!
    right on .. amazing diff!!!!!!!!!! rockin!:bigsmile:
  • ScarlettIsSpiffing
    Options
    what an amazing difference, well done & I for one have paid attention & am now thinking bout how to get started ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!