How do you flavor your popcorn?

Options
McFatterton
McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
My husband and I are heading to the movies tonight so I'm going to make up a batch of air-popped popcorn to take with us. Looking for some spices to add to give it flavor without butter - what do you add to your popcorn?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ktrichards87
    Options
    They should come up with a butter flavored seasoning!
  • greenfairy
    Options
    old bay seasoning for a bit of zing...
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    They have some butter flavoring...low in cal 0 i think, but very high in sodium. My hubby uses it i stopped when i saw how much. We foundsome the other day thought that was kettle korn seasoning , has low sod and like 5 cal a serving.

We usually use that spray butter
  • abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Check near the popcorn in the grocery store for Kernel Season's. They make Butter, Ranch and Cheddar.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    pop in canola oil (just like the old days) sprinkle with sea salt...........yummy. Thats my snack most evenings. The flavorings you get in the store are processed and loaded with sodium. Sea Salt is actually good for you.
  • m0m2three
    Options
    What about Molly McButter or Butter Buds???
  • timeforchange
    Options
    I thought this was gross when someone told me about it, but CINNAMON is great on popcorn!!
  • birgithooker
    Options
    At Blockbuster they sell seasoning. I like the White Cheddar or the Caramel. The Caramel has 5 calories per serving. It makes the popcorn a sweet treat. The Cheddar has 2 calories. They both have 0 fat. Love it! It's Kernel seasonings.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use a either molly mcbutter or....gulp....soy sauce and garlic powder. The sodium is a bit high but it is soooooo good.
  • amyholan
    amyholan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We do air popped popcorn nearly every night, and have found a great solution to making your seasoning stick...
    spray it with spray canola or spray olive oil (I get mine at Trader Joe's). It's zero calories, and it helps your salt stick to the popcorn. Also, we use Brewer's Yeast on our popcorn, which has a rich flavor and has vitamin B as well.
  • TENDERONI
    Options
    A friend of mine uses fat free parmesan cheese on her air popped popcorn and it gives it a different taste with a little sea salt. I like it!!
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and splenda/sugar
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of seasoning salt, but again high in sodium.

I think a lot of the Ms. Dash seasonings are sodium free. Not sure what all there is but I'm sure something would be good on popcorn.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to add parmesan cheese too!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cracked black pepper & a little garlic powder (not garlic SALT). Spray w/a little butter flavor cooking spray then sprinkle on the seasoning!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your suggestions guys! I decided to go with parmesan cheese and garlic powder and it was goood! :happy:
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Furikake! Or li hing powder! :bigsmile:
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but on a lot of other posts people have suggested using butter flavored cooking spray. Has anyone tried this? I haven't.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I love kettlecorn :)
  • kfsooner
    Options
    My son loves maple sugar!!