1/3rd of a year free. Please read.

Options
This isn't abut dieting, but I had to share this with everyone.

This Wednesday is 1/3rd of a year free of cutting. This Wednesday is 1/3 of a year from the time I decided I wouldn't kill myself. Wednesday is 1/3rd of a year from the day where my life completely turned around.

Ever since May 5th, 2012, I have taken every single day as a blessing. Life is good. I am so happy that I stopped. I am so happy that I finally went to my friends to talk to them, and got help.

Sure I still have trouble now and then sticking with it. But besides for the first few weeks, this was easy. The more I experience, the easier it is to stick with.

I am so proud right now. I just had to share this with my MFP pals.

May 5th, 2012 is a day I will always remember.

Bless you all! And thank you for reading. <3

Replies

• small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I'm really happy for you :smile:
  • I am very proud of you. It's not always easy to make changes and seek help but I am glad that you did.
  • MadiRose2
    Options
    Thank you so much. <3. I know 1/3rd of a year isn't much, but I'll take what I can get. I can't wait until I am 10 months free so that I can speak out to teens who struggle with this to help them. <3
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just want to hug you!

Really, truly, congratulations! You are so positive, cheerful, and grateful about your life RIGHT NOW, and that's what really matters. You're right. You are truly blessed. I only hope others can learn from your good example. Thank you!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Nice, good on you!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is an awesome achievement!
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    Good for you! Every day is a victory, and 1/3 of a years adds up to lots of victories!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    God bless you!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Quitting things for life is a huge accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself and never forget this moment.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job Madi, I'm proud of you.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sending you hugs. Well done. Changing is so hard to do and you are clearly on the right track :flowerforyou:

Celebrate this success.

Donna
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic! it's been nearly 5 years for me after almost 6 years of doing it daily and it was hard but totally worth it! just take it day by day and remember how far you've come! 1/3 of a year is amazing progress!! so proud and I don't even know you!
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep taking it a little bit at a time. Wishing much luck in the future.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    That's amazing how you are turning a possible bad turn of events into something inspirational. Keep moving forward. Everyone has a dark day in life and it's awesome that you are strong enough to overcome it. Thanks for sharing this. Have a blessed life. I'll add you! :smile:
  • amandar8
    amandar8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a grate thing and you should be prowed... This is something that touches so many ppl if they know it or not... its been almost 7 years sents my sister took her life... im so glad u have mad it this far and have such a grate out look... keep it up and talking to others is a grate thing by reaching out u saved ur life and many others by giving them the stealth to do the same.... you well do grate things......
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    congratulations. your success on the first 1/3 will strengthen you for the next 1/3
  • MadiRose2
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It means more than you can imagine. I didn't expect this to get so many replies! :)
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    Congratulations Madi and thank you for sharing this. I wish you continued joy and strength. Live well, be happy.
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Every day is a victory, and 1/3 of a years adds up to lots of victories!

I agree with this statement. Congratulations!!!
  • sjum
    sjum Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know how you feel - I was once there and now my niece is a cutter. Sometimes it's minute by minute, hour by hour but you are winning!! You can do this! It's been over 25 years for me. Sending a big hug and love for you!!!! Friend me if you want, I'm so proud of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!