F/23, looking to make some friends!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 23-year-old female looking to get back to 165 pounds, the weight I was two years ago.

Three years ago I weighed in at about 265 pounds. Disgusted with myself, I decided it was time to get active and start eating right. Unfortunately, I started this journey alone and without any outside help. Long story short, I ended up developing anorexia nervosa (though the thought was inconceivable to me at the time—I didn't believe that an overweight person could be anorexic). I was eating less than 500 calories a day and I was exercising for 1+ hour every single day. (I have OCD, which my doctor later explained was probably a factor in my ability to keep this lifestyle.) In a year, I was down 100 pounds. On the outside I was happy, but on the inside I was a mess. I had dizzy spells (I even fainted a few times) and I was always tired. When my doctor increased my OCD meds, the compulsion to count calories disappeared. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that if I went back to the way I ate before, I would gain all the weight back!

So this time I doing this safely AND effectively. I'm doing Keto because it gives me strict guidelines that help me make sure that I am getting the proper nutrients. I've been doing it for 10 days so far, and I've lost 7 pounds!

I'd love to make some MFP friends that will help me on my journey to a healthy body and a healthy mind!

Replies

• TM2794
    TM2794 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    it's very impressive that you've gotten over that and you're losing weight in a healthy way. FR sent! :)
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    Good for you! You can do this and you can do it the healthy way!