1/3rd of a year free. Please read.

Options

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3 that's so great. Stick with it. Every day that goes by without that pain is another day of freedom. I'm so, so glad you could do this for yourself.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This isn't abut dieting, but I had to share this with everyone.

This Wednesday is 1/3rd of a year free of cutting. This Wednesday is 1/3 of a year from the time I decided I wouldn't kill myself. Wednesday is 1/3rd of a year from the day where my life completely turned around.

Ever since May 5th, 2012, I have taken every single day as a blessing. Life is good. I am so happy that I stopped. I am so happy that I finally went to my friends to talk to them, and got help.

Sure I still have trouble now and then sticking with it. But besides for the first few weeks, this was easy. The more I experience, the easier it is to stick with.

I am so proud right now. I just had to share this with my MFP pals.

May 5th, 2012 is a day I will always remember.

Bless you all! And thank you for reading. <3

This made my heart melt. On May 4, 2012, my mother took her life. Reading this I found the positive that happened during that time period.
    Thank you for making that stance. Thank you for wanting to speak to other teens about your issue. Thank you for sharing. Thank you even more for being you.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Huge victory for you!!! So glad you're being so strong... Keep it up, and never forget your reasons for coming this far and for wanting to change. Those reasons will get you through tough times... One of the hardest things you'll ever do, and you've done it :)
  • runnergirl109
    runnergirl109 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    keep it up and congrates
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just a thought....

You said that everyday was a blessing for you......but really, YOU are the blessing for those who love you.....without your life-changing decision to find another way to deal with your pain, THEY can continue to have YOU in their lives!!!

Stay strong........congratulations!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Excellent, Madi!! Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS I know it is hard but you did it, you should be proud of yourself
  • KellyMirth
    Options
    This is so awesome, you should be proud. Keep being a blessing to those around you.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    SO very proud of you!!! You have more strength and courage than anyone i know!!!!!! Amazing!!! :heart:
  • Incendia99
    Incendia99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just a thought....

You said that everyday was a blessing for you......but really, YOU are the blessing for those who love you.....without your life-changing decision to find another way to deal with your pain, THEY can continue to have YOU in their lives!!!

Stay strong........congratulations!!!

Well put. This is exactly what I was thinking. I lost my best friend to suicide in spring of 2011 and I will miss him every day of my life. I'm glad you are here with us and willing share your story. Thank you!
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Big hugs! Keep it up! I have made the same decision and try to make the most of life!!
  • cjmar22
    Options
    good for you enjoy life
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's very difficult for people to be open about this sort of thing. You obviously have a lot of motivation to stay well. Congrats on your success.
  • allendebbie
    Options
    Life is not easy, it is about choices and you have made the right choice as hard as it may have been. Good for you! Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I admire you for sharing your story. so many people are suffering in silence and the key is to come out of isolation like you did. Also we share the same anniversary date WooHoo....
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    That is a huge victory.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's truly a fantastic achievement! :flowerforyou:
  • MadiRose2
    Options
    Thanks guys! This means so much to me.

And, I am really sorry for all of your guys's losses. <\3. My cousin killed himself, so I understand. That was probably one of the things that pushed me to stop. My auntie was so torn up, it killed me, and I knew I couldn't do that to her, or anyone else for that matter.

You guys are all truly amazing.
  • MadiRose2
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I admire you for sharing your story. so many people are suffering in silence and the key is to come out of isolation like you did. Also we share the same anniversary date WooHoo....

Wooo! It's amazing we have the same date! What year did you stop? :)
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short. 1/3 of a year is incredible! One day is incredible. Just take it a day at a time. Thanks for sharing and having the courage to post. This is a true sign of your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!