girl. 137 lbs. 5"3

Options
Hi everyone :)

I'm 22 years old and looking to loose around 15 pounds. My goal is 120 - 125lbs. Really trying to loose those last pounds but having a hard time!

I'm looking for people in my similar situation! Please add me if you want support :):smile:

Replies

• MommaSparrow1928
    MommaSparrow1928 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also there at 5'3"..... I'm at 134 and looking to drop down to about 110. It's hard to do when everyone around you doesn't want to loose those pounds like you do, and when they do, the moral support only last as long as their attention spans.....
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    5'3 and i 140. but im trying to build muscle and burn fat at the same time only kinda ^^ lol but my goal weight in cutting is always around 127-125
  • bynonmurrayc
    bynonmurrayc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also there at 5'3"..... I'm at 134 and looking to drop down to about 110. It's hard to do when everyone around you doesn't want to loose those pounds like you do, and when they do, the moral support only last as long as their attention spans.....

I'll be your moral support!

And ya I agree! Believe me, I have a twin sister whose 108 and eats everything! Hate it.

I love this place though, so motivating. My biggest problem is keeping track of what I eat... I workout so much but it's pointless if you're going to eat more than you burn.
  • bynonmurrayc
    Options
    5'3 and i 140. but im trying to build muscle and burn fat at the same time only kinda ^^ lol but my goal weight in cutting is always around 127-125

You look great! and perhaps you can help me out here...I started personal training, and i weighed in at 131. My sessions are a LOT of weightlifting/resistance training. I used to do a lot of cardio (usually 30 minute run) but have rly cut down on it from my trainers advice. I weighed in last week at 137!!!!!!!!!!! I've been doing the training for around 3 months... and have GAINED weight. is this normal? I mean i honestly think I look better than when I started... but i just don't find it that possible that i've gained it all in muscle...

That's partially why i've increased my goal weight.. because I feel all this weight lifting has made me heavier (not necessarily in a bad way...)
  • EmmaRuthFit
    EmmaRuthFit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Closer to 5'5, and have been 140+. So I joined MFP (a week ago tomorrow!) and started working towards 120lbs. I'm on the road a lot so its hard to progress successfully towards my goal - definately understand it gets tough sometimes!

Would be glad to be your MFP cheerleader :flowerforyou:
  • lbrittenson
    lbrittenson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5' 4" and 140...where I have been stuck forever. Ive lost 35 lbs this year, but since I hit 140 early this summer I can't seem to break past it. Goal wt is 125ish ;) Keep chugging at it, You all look great!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    5' 4" and 140...where I have been stuck forever. Ive lost 35 lbs this year, but since I hit 140 early this summer I can't seem to break past it. Goal wt is 125ish ;) Keep chugging at it, You all look great!

Those last 10 pounds take forever! Just keep at it and you'll get there! The last 5 took me almost a year but I was so close to goal I didn't mind. :heart:
  • catsph123
    catsph123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also 5' 3'' and when I started this journey I was 133/134. My ultimate goal is to get down to 120, but I have been hovering at 127 for the past three weeks or so. I have been strength training and my clothes fit better but the scale won't budge. It is frustrating because now it seems as though every pound is a major struggle!
  • bynonmurrayc
    Options
    agreed! why are those last 10 pounds so hard? I don't get it, isn't a pound 3500 calories all the same?
  • karbhat
    karbhat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Closer to 5'5, and have been 140+. So I joined MFP (a week ago tomorrow!) and started working towards 120lbs. I'm on the road a lot so its hard to progress successfully towards my goal - definately understand it gets tough sometimes!

Would be glad to be your MFP cheerleader :flowerforyou:

Same here! I've been wanting to reach my goal of 120 for a year now. I think this is the year I finally want to get there. Feel free to add me!
  • tabfjo
    tabfjo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Glad to know there are other ladies out there in the same boat as I! I am 26 years old, 5'5 and 138 lbs (Highest 140) and have been dieting and working out on and off for the past year and have only gotten down to 134. So unmotivating! Best luck to all of you!!
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    5'2 131 trying to be 113 by 2013! Feel free to add me =) im always here to offer encouragement & support!
  • lasombrs
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Sara :P I'm 5'2" currently at 137 post 2 babies via csection and want to get back to my pre baby 115/120 lbs. Mostly just want my abs back so more working on that then pure lbs lost. Oh, and I'm 28
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    feel free to add me! i am always here for constant support & encouragement!

height; 5'2
    highest weight; 158
    current weight; 130
    first goal weight; 125
    ultimate goal weight; 113

=)
  • jennnco
    jennnco Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 142 lbs currently so I completely understand what you girls are going through! I'd love to friend some of you and share stories/be a support system! I'm in desperate need of motivation to continue eating right and exercising!
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    5'4" and 140 lbs here. I have been fighting the last 10 lbs forever! Friend me if you want. I am running, doing insanity and lifting.
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I do between 131-135. I would like to be 115-120. I have lost 40 pounds already, but losing the last bit is very hard. I will def support and try to help as much as I can. :)
  • shedaeday
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I'm 22 years old and looking to loose around 15 pounds. My goal is 120 - 125lbs. Really trying to loose those last pounds but having a hard time!

I'm looking for people in my similar situation! Please add me if you want support :):smile:
    Hi! I know what you mean, its so hard to lose weight after you have hit a plateau! I gained weight back when I reached mine, but then I figured out what I was doing wrong now Im back to a steady weight! I am sure you will figure out what changes you can make too :) I am 26 years old, 5'4" and I weighed 126 pounds today. In April I weighed 145. My goal was to be down to 115-120 and Ive been in this range Im at now for 2 weeks... So frustrating!! But Im lifting more weights now instead of just doing all cardio all the time.. I just dont like being so sore and exhausted :(
  • twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and at 136 pounds and wanting to be at 120-123