Looking For Friends & Support =)

Options
I'm currently 22 and a full-time college student, work part-time, and I am tired of looking and feeling the way I do. I usually make excuses for not exercising (too tired, don't have time, etc.) but enough is enough. I'm currently 210lbs. and I just never feel good about myself. I want to go back to what I was two years ago at this time, 160lbs. Not only did I look amazing, I felt great about myself, though the way I got to that weight was not very healthy. For the "job" I had at the time, I was walking 10 miles or more a day, and would only eat 800-ish calories a day (because I legitimately did not have time to eat breakfast or lunch, and at times I didn't have enough money to buy food.) Because of this, I lost 30lbs within 3 months. I quit the job (I wasn't happy with how I was being treated), went back home, back to school, and started working at the mall and the weight immediately started coming back.

Next week, I am starting Insanity. I have pictures posted all over my room of what I used to look like, what I want to look like again. I just need a little help staying on track, encouraging words, a friend to talk to when I feel like giving up. Most of my friends right now are either the people who can eat whatever they want and not gain weight, or don't really care about their weight, and don't really understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you for reading and happy trails to all of you!

Replies

• chellelynn30
    Options
    I am here for help and support. You can do this!
  • kerrykelly2
    kerrykelly2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started a blog for general weight loss tips and tricks! Follow and stay motivated :)

http://skinnyminnie2.blogspot.com/
  • ohDeeDeeBehave
    ohDeeDeeBehave Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been having a hard time staying focused on my work-out and realized that I was bored. I just started doing interval training - there's even a group for them here - sometimes it's called HIIT : High Intensity Interval Training. I was having sooo much fun I swear I was grinning from ear to ear. Check it out! Congrats on venting, I know it helps! Happy Trails to you too!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate it! :happy:
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    Hi I am sure with your positive attitude you will do fine. I have only beem on this site for around 10 days but have found everyone so helpful. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. I have a daughter aged 24 who sounds very much like you she is now at a weight that suits her and is married to a lovely young man and they live in Indianapolis,we live in the UK so don't see them as much as we would like to.:flowerforyou:
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Alls you have to do is keep at it and you will do great! :) There will be ups and downs, but in the long run SO worth it. I am ALWAYS here to talk, listen ,and love giving advice n being there for anyone in need!
  • SandyMeid
    Options
    Remember to accecpt who you are right now - then you can grow (reduce) and change from there! I am working on thanking my body for it's functions - expecially my stomach even though it sticks out more than I want. I am grateful that I have one and that it works to process the food I eat! I realize that my food habits come from my brain - from my lifestyle and it's not my body's fault for being what it is. Motivation is really important - I think you are on the right track!
    I dont know how to add friends on here, but feel free to add me - I just started a month ago. :flowerforyou:
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Remember to accecpt who you are right now - then you can grow (reduce) and change from there! I am working on thanking my body for it's functions - expecially my stomach even though it sticks out more than I want. I am grateful that I have one and that it works to process the food I eat! I realize that my food habits come from my brain - from my lifestyle and it's not my body's fault for being what it is. Motivation is really important - I think you are on the right track!
    I dont know how to add friends on here, but feel free to add me - I just started a month ago. :flowerforyou:

I accept who I am right now, and I'm actually the happiest I've been in a long while. I just don't like being so tired all the time (granted I know being in school is a big factor in that) and I know I can be much healthier than I am now. My body is a reflection of who I am, and I want my body to show the happy, healthy, and soon to be energy filled person I am! =) Plus, I know in the long run getting into shape now will help me in the long run on my road to becoming an EMS provider.
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I would be happy to encourage from time to time. :-)
  • mackaTink
    mackaTink Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you would like a support buddy (I could do with few of them myself), please , you are welcome to add me xxx good luck, you will do it x