Obese to Overweight

Options
This morning when I weighed in my bmi now falls into the overweight category rather than the obese category. I've been waiting for this day for so long!

I'm so happy to be overweight :)

Replies

• monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's great! I remember the day I hit the overweight BMI, I was sooo excited.
  • Green_Ash
    Green_Ash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!! Keep it up!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    wooo woo!!!! :D
  • hunter624
    Options
    Thats my first goal as well, I've still got a way to go.

Well done you, keep it up.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Well done you!

Another 7lb and I am right there with you. Hoping to get there by the end of the month.
  • lorasalim
    lorasalim Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesom....now I waiting to go to obese maybe Monday :(((( long way for me to overweight but I know one day will happens to me too :)))
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It seems silly to be happy about this because it's a lbs like any other but I was so thrilled with this (it was my first medium term goal).

My only downside was I only just passed it so my scale (one I always use for weigh-in) said I was overweight but the Wii (fit) was putting me back as obese for most of that week (I said some fairly nasty things to it but we're friends again).
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Lol this is me now.. Congratulations !!! ❤❤❤!!! I was excited too well I'm still excited now I'm more motivated to break into the next bracket even if it's by 1 lb ;)
  • st3f4real
    st3f4real Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been Obese on the scales since high school. Even when I was an athlete. I cannot wait to be overweight too!!!
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It must be an awesome feeling and know that you can keep on succeeding and that one day in the future you'll be posting about how you've got from overweight to a healthy weight!

I'm 1lb off not being obese anymore and I can't wait, I've not been obese for long but it was getting into that category that made me realise I really needed to start losing weight :)
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm working on getting there as well! I was right over Obese II, so I still have a bit to go, but I'll get there!
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I was having quite steady weight loss and then 0.6 lbs off of 'overweight' I paused for a bit (I had a cold and my muscles ached from horse riding) - it was so frustrating but really spurred me on to keep going!

It's going to take a while to get where I want to be, but at least now I know it can be done. I don't want to ever go back to where I started - so that is motivation enough to keep me going wherever I end up :)
  • PancakesAreEvil
    Options
    That is inspiring! Keep it up. :)
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just shook off "morbidly" from "obese," and I look forward to being just "overweight" someday!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I remember that as well. It is a good feeling.

Strange that we are actually happy to be classed as 'overweight'.

My Doctor suggested I aim for at least a BMI of 28. I am now 27.7.

Working towards getting under a BMI of 25 and so back to 'normal' weight.

Good luck to all who are in the same place :flowerforyou:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Fabulous accomplishment! Congratulations!! I just got out of the obese category last week, so know how awesome it feels. (even though BMI is outdated and shouldn't be used it still made me feel pretty great!).
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A great achievement! But don't det too hung up on BMI tables... I started out at obese and I'm now halfway to normal but I doubt I will get there. Most people guess my weight about fifteen to twenty pounds lower than I am. If I were to reach normal I would look like I was unwell!
  • 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work. You are doing awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!