Hello

Options
Hi, everyone! I've been using MFP for about a month, but I'm just now delving into the forums. I've lost about 50 pounds already, but I have about 90 more to go. I'm a firm believer that keeping a diary is the key to success, at least for me. When I stop logging my food, I start losing control and putting the weight back on. I'm a huge fan of yoga, zumba, and belly dancing for fitness. I work out with a trainer about once a week, and I attend dietary guidance and lifestyle classes at a local fitness center that's part of the Baylor Medical System. I'm really working hard at this, and thankfully, my husband, daughter, and friends are very supportive. I'm finally taking time to take care of me first so that I can take care of others. I'm hoping to find additional advice and support here on MFP. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Replies

• monteriob
    Options
    Good for you. I know I do better when I write what I eat. I also have to make a menu for the week and stick to it. I'm a creature of habit - but knowing what's for dinner and lunch are so good for me.
    I tried this back in April 2009 and did not do well. Well a new year - so I decided I'm going to lose some weight - start working again - my goal is to run a 5K again - I've been doing treadmill so it's a start.
    Your daughter and husband will benefit in more ways than you losing weight - they will be healthy too. That is great.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    If you're interested, you could join our Beautiful Blue group. All you have to do to join is to post, weigh in on Mondays, and send your weight to Debnu. Hope to see you there!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/77265-beautiful-blues1-19-10?page=3#posts-1068347
  • mikehull
    Options
    You lost 50lbs in a month?!!?!?!?
    While that is awesome, it is also concerning too. What did you do to achieve such results?
    P.S. i am not looking to rain on your parade, just curious.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I need to clarify. I did NOT lose those 50 pounds in a month. I've been using MFP for a month, but I've been working at this for over three years. I started out in June 2006 at 280 pounds. I lost 50 pounds over the next year or so, but then I gained back about 20 of it. In the last 5 months, I have lost those 20 and I'm now ready to keep moving forward. Sorry my first post was confusing! Losing 50 pounds in a month would certainly be cause for concern! :)
  • tammybeck
    Options
    WHAT I S MFP?
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WHAT I S MFP?

My Fitness Pal
  • tammybeck
    Options
    I KNEW THAT AS SOON AS i POSTED IT! lol SORRY