Tattoos!!

Options

Replies

• FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Im another tattoo fan, I have six altogether, a tribal sun on my right shoulder and a tribal pattern on my left upper arm. On my lower left arm i have a tribal skull design on the inner side i have the words "Lest we forget" which was a kind of tribute to my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. on my inner wrist on the same forearm I have a treble clef. and on my left thigh I have a bunch of stars. :0)
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I always wanted one..and am going to reward myself with one when I reach my goal weight..can't wait!
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo sleeve designed ready for when i reach my half-way point :0)

EDIT: I also have a 10mm flesh tunnel on my left earlobe and a pierced pinna on my right :0)
  • mrspalmer320
    Options
    i have four plus my lip piercing.
    -on mmy upper back along the spine i have a memorial tattoo for my great grandmother its a catholic angel and she crying. underneth the angel it says her name :kathryn:
    -on the back of my right calf i have a black and grey butterfly. thats the only one that really hurt bad.
    -on my right shoulder i have two hears that are connected along with my sons birthday
    -my last one is my "mistake" lol ex fiances name...:ohwell: on my right forearm
    my newest addition is my lip piercing on the right side of my lip.
    oh how addicting these things are...
    i have my ears pirced 3 times each but i dont count those.
    my next piercing will be my industrial.
    its a piercing that consist of 2 holes on the upper part of my ear and i will have a barbell connect the two together.

my next tattoo will be to cover up the mistake lol.
    i lost a child 2 years ago and i want a baby dragon with its wings folded up.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have 5.
    A small lizard, my favorite animal, on my left shoulder.
    A maze on my right shoulder. The design is taken from a Bronze Age rock carving in Cornwall.
    The tree of life down my back. It's based on the White Tree of Gondor from Lord of the Rings.
    A 'tramp stamp', I hate that phrase, of a raven.
    And finally a wrist band of ivy with a triskel in the centre. Again the leaf is from LOTR and the triskel is my favorite group, the Levellers, logo.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have a most unusual tattoo - it's a rather sarcastic comment on my husband's true love and my career choice. A computer mouse. It's already outdated as it's wired and there's not wheel LOL! I joke that I was going to get a computer keyboard tattooed across my breasts:noway: but it was too expensive so I got a mouse on my @$$ !

When I'm at my primary weight goal (145) I'm going to get a second tattoo. This one will be a take off of a symbol from the Harry Potter books. It will be a triangle, with a line through the center, and a wineglass with a very round bowl. The HP version is a triangle with a circle inside and a line through the center to I'll be replacing the circle with the bowl of the wine glass. It will be small - less than 2" and I haven't picked the spot yet :ohwell:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I have 8 with more to come tats are so addicting! My tats are:
    * left forearm Japanese symbol for mother
    * above that Japanese symbol for daughter
    * above that Japanese symbol for son
    * left inner wrist a purple star that fades to white
    *right wrist a cherry blossom bracelet in the memory of Kristen who died at 37 from stomach cancer
    *right top of the foot a hummingbird and a rose for my grandmother who taught me to always have you right foot forward.
    * back of the neck I have a butterfly
    * left ankle flower with a 13 coming of of the stem that I had done on Friday the 13th.

The big tattoo I want to get is a male sparrow bird with a key in his beak and a female sparrow with a heart locket in her beak. I also still need to figure out what I'm going to put on the top of my left foot.

I will post pictures on my page after the kids go to bed.
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    Mickey Mouse on my hip - which looks like a BIG BLOB now...I am 31 and got it when I was 16.....there is a reason they want you to be 18 in order to get tattoos....Not so much that I regret getting a tattoo....just wish I would have put more thought into it.

Also have a tropical fish on my right shoulder, not much bigger than a 50 cent piece.

Next.....I want the Kay Jewelers open heart design with my kids initials inside and "my love for you will never die" wrapped around the hearts. I have been wanting it for quite a while, just been really picky about where I want to get it. I am a professional, so I need to be able to cover my tat's up at certain times, but I want to be able to show my tat's off whenever I can too. From reading all the posts, I am thinking maybe I will get this inside one of my ankles.....any other ideas?

This is a fun post...
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mickey Mouse on my hip - which looks like a BIG BLOB now...I am 31 and got it when I was 16.....there is a reason they want you to be 18 in order to get tattoos....Not so much that I regret getting a tattoo....just wish I would have put more thought into it.

Also have a tropical fish on my right shoulder, not much bigger than a 50 cent piece.

Next.....I want the Kay Jewelers open heart design with my kids initials inside and "my love for you will never die" wrapped around the hearts. I have been wanting it for quite a while, just been really picky about where I want to get it. I am a professional, so I need to be able to cover my tat's up at certain times, but I want to be able to show my tat's off whenever I can too. From reading all the posts, I am thinking maybe I will get this inside one of my ankles.....any other ideas?

This is a fun post...

I work in a professional field too so I have the same problem with ink placement! So far, I have my low back, the side of my stomach above my hip (which is currently my profile pic), both my feet (one on the top, one on the side), my upper arm and my hip. With the exception of the one on my upper arm, I can hid all of my very well; too the point that when people hear that I have 6 they are shocked! My favorite spot is the one on the side of my stomach. Great to see often myself (unlike my back one. I sometimes forget that it's there! :laugh: ) but yet easy to hide. I will warn you, the side of the stomach HURT bad. By far the worst of any of them I've gotten. But, just like my tattoo artist says...it's gonna hurt no matter where you put it so you might as well put it where you want it! :bigsmile: The top of the foot is also easy to hid, but very easy to show off when you want to. Go with your instincts. Just think about it long enough and the right place will come to you. All my pics are on my profile if you wanna take a look. :smile: Good luck!
  • RandysHottie
    Options
    I find it funny that more and more 'professional' people have tattoos...for so long they were thought to be a sign of people who don't have any morals, values or those who don't have any focus in life. My, how things have changed. I feel as though they really show an expression of who we are. Sometimes we can't always speak how we feel or describe our inner person, so a tattoo does exactly that.....without saying a word :smile:
  • Amy1706
    Options
    Hi my name is Amy and I have 4
    2 koi fish swiming around each other 1 is a boy 1 is a girl with my daughters name Sydney under it tramp stamp
    4 leaf clover above my belly button
    a thron vine with purple dasies around my left ankle
    a heart with a rose growing through it with the int JECC under it on the inside of my left ankle

and I want Many more......
  • olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't currently have any.... but I want to get one as soon as I reach my goal!! My Mom passed away very suddenly in July. A good friend told me that I would see signs....a couple of days after her death I was watching my son's baseball practice and a butterfly came down and sat on my hand for a while....then it flew to my son and made a loop around his head! That was my sign!! So, I will get a beautiful butterfly on my lower back in memory of my Mom. My husband laughs and says that I will never do it!! Ohhhhh, how I do love a challenge!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have 7.

a star on my ankle
    a heart on the other ankle
    a diamond on my wrist
    a crown on my other wrist
    2 large hearts on the back of each shoulder
    AND......

The Rebel Alliance Symbol from Star Wars on my hip!

I teach high school and work in physical therapy and I have had no problems with looking professional with them.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tats...I love them and my family doesn't get it! It just shows that I have an open mind and can be committed...lol!
    - Cleveland Indians mascot on lower right back
    - big dragonfly on my back
    - treble clef and music notes that covers my right side
    - my favorite....on my left side...an eye that is crying over the word "broken" this tat is in memory of my mother.

I want a few more and will get them when I reach my goal!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and about 10 I still want to get! I have my name in gaelic on the back of my neck that I designed myself (unfortutely I don't remember how it's spelled and I just tried reading it with the mirror and that's very hard, lol, I believe i have a pictures some where) and the other is on my hip of a penguin hanging from a pink star gazer, my favorite animal and my favorite flower. When I reach my goal weight I'm getting my penguin and flower touched up and a new one! Just have to decide on which of the many I want the most.
  • shawzie
    Options
    Eight years ago our daughter and I got our first tattoos on her spring break. I have a gecko on my ankle. I'm not a Geico freak. I have fond memories of the little creatures who use to sneak into our home when we lived in Puerto Rico.

Several years ago our older son drew a picture of a koi and hibiscus flower. It was lovely. I had this tattoed on my lower back. The colors are splendid.

I've been thinking of adding to the gecko with a tropical flower vine - perhaps this will be my reward for losing 75 lbs - WHEN it happens!
  • shawzie
    Options
    MammaTurner - Congratulations on the NO smoking too!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    have none yet but i have one of the best tattooists in the city lined up to do my work. getting a Claddagh symbol around my left wrist (me and my parter getting matching and his fits in with his flames plus can be covered with long sleeves or watch depending on what work we are doing) im also getting script accross my back in latin saying "love and loyalty, knowledge and truth" and then "courage" in ancient greek (im a history major with a soft spot for the classics - my body will look like a rosetta stone when im finished!) accross the lower back. i also want the southern cross on my foot (so i can say im aussie from the ground up :P) but have been put off with the boost in popularity lately and am considering changing that one to the eureka diamond (i want to be unique so sue me), on the other foot i want the words "just run" (for when i get to my run goal - 100km race) so yeh you could say i like tattoos.... :P

LOVE IT!!! I have the Claddaugh on my back, designed off my ring. My total is 5 right now, but I have plans for many more, including 6-shooters crossed between my shoulder blades-that'll be my favorite one! Also have:
    - "Mama Tried" right below my neck on my back (God Bless Merle Haggard)
    -my cousin's names on my wrists (2)
    -Eagle, Globe & Anchor with "Semper Fi" underneath (first one, fresh outta boot camp!)
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    I LOVE Tattoos -- I would like more but my "virgin" no ink husband said I cant have any more til he gets some... LOL I have a dagger w/ rose wrapping up it on my left shoulder blade... got that when I was 19- (dont like it really anymore) - I am trying to convince my husband that if I do a cover up on that one, technically it is not a NEW tattoo - he is not buying it. And then I have a butterfly on the top of my foot. That one is my fav. I got that one about 5 years ago.