What fraction of what you used to eat do you eat now?

Options
I eat about 1/3 the amount that I used to! I used to be an overweight over-eater who was often bullied. What about you?

Replies

• meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Probably 2/3 of what I ate before, sometimes half. I just don't want to eat that much anymore. I didn't eat THAT much to begin with but I wasn't active and I was stressed all the time.

Having measuring tools helps. If I want potato chips I measure out 1 serving of 150 calories worth, not mindlessly eat half the bag.
  • leska1216
    Options
    Probably 2/3 of what I ate before, sometimes half. I just don't want to eat that much anymore. I didn't eat THAT much to begin with but I wasn't active and I was stressed all the time.

Having measuring tools helps. If I want potato chips I measure out 1 serving of 150 calories worth, not mindlessly eat half the bag.

I eat 2-3 times more than I ate before. Never did like to eat. Now eating more to lose weight. Sounds like an oxymoron but it really works. Exercising more now, too.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I eat 2-3 times more than I ate before. Never did like to eat. Now eating more to lose weight. Sounds like an oxymoron but it really works. Exercising more now, too.

This is me as well. Eating 2 times more than previously.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat more food than what I did before but the food I eat now is half the calories. Even when I eat junk food I choose the best option rather than just eating whatever.
  • evolutionbyariana
    Options
    I'd say that in terms of how much I eat compared to what I used to eat, I eat waaay more now. My body needs the fuel! But in terms of WHAT I eat, I cut probably 50% of the foods I used to eat from my diet and replaced them with healthier, nutrient-packed items.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    More food, less food product. Calories about the same.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    My problem was that I never counted what I ate. I just have no clue. At my worst (when I was at uni) I would easily eat 3 times what I eat now. Its bad to think of it, but I won't go there again!
  • 127ismygoal
    127ismygoal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd say half, some days much, much more though!!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    About half!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I probably eat about 90% of what I used to, but I didn't have a lot to lose. I'm basically here to track my macros (like sugar, fiber, etc.) and my exercise for health reasons.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    previously: 6500
    now: less than 2k
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    More food, less food product. Calories about the same.

This, I eat close to or more than I used to eat calorie wise. Way more volume wise, since I pretty much ate a subway sandwich and breakfast drink on a normal day, with various junk food added in.
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    Options
    I actually eat more now. The difference is that it's spread out throughout the day, instead of just one or two meals. Before, I was only eating one meal a day, which contained most of my daily allotment of calories. And then one "snack", which was usually between 200 and 400 calories.

I eat a LOT now. But I'm losing weight, because it's spread out, and because I'm exercising.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I actually eat more food than before but just make better choices, i used to eat a lot of fatty foods pies,pasties,chips,processed meals but now i try to make fresh food as often as i can eat plenty lean meat,vegs,salads and fruit.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Around 2/3 of what I used to... I don't know exactly, I didn't count before, and I was obese when I was 14 and I started dieting., lost weight, gained some, and now I am working on losing these 30 lbs before college next year!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I eat more. More in volume, more in calories. But I'm a LOT more active.

My eating habits weren't that bad. My lack of exercise was the problem.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who knows?. . .that was the problem.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    75% but slightly better choices...i think...:laugh:

ETA:

My math is not so gud. Area = Pi x R squared? Eh?

piechartg.jpg
  • kristi27278
    kristi27278 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    At meals I eat about 1/2 of what I used to eat and I have cut my daily grazing down to 1 snack a day.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I eat way more!! Haha i eat more then anyone I know!! Now I just eat clean foods not JUNK!!