Doing It Old School....Tae Bo Basic

Options
I joined a group today that will be conducted for 8 weeks until Halloween. I decided to commit to Billy Blanks Tae-Bo Basic workout (at minimum) to take me through this 8 week weight loss journey. However, my mind is wondering with all the modern workout videos everyone is doing, is it a wise choice to go with something from the 1990's? Comments welcomed. Thanks

Replies

• kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just did a tae bo dvd (off youtube) for the first time since about 1995 lol
    I LOVED it !! Stick with it, its an amazing workout x
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just pulled out my dusty Tae Bo Basic vhs tape this week and it kicked my sorry butt. I couldn't even get through the whole thing. Maybe it's not as pretty and modern as 30 ds or something, but I think it's still a great workout. Good luck!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I still do this workout from time to time! I love it!
  • fankyskag
    fankyskag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I rediscovered my Tae Bo Basic VHS last week and that's what kick-started my weight loss goals. I did wonder if techniques/knowledge about such regimes had advanced a lot in 2 decades, but it can't be all bad - look at Billy! I do it every day now as my fitness log, and even upped it to an "advanced" workout on Youtube today. :smile:

Are the calories burned in the fitness log accurate?
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    The best workout is always a workout that you will stick to.
  • chantya
    chantya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started doing Taebo as well I got one from Walmart with 10 mints workouts on it I really miss the first set he made.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    I think it's fine. People have been running since the beginning of time and we still do it today as an effective workout. New workouts just come along so people don't get bored with the old ones, but it has the same effects. Go for it!!