Any females around 5'10"?

Options

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and currently weigh around 165. It's hard to relate to some of the other threads with women much smaller than me. I was curious with people closer to my height what is the average weight and body measurements? Right now I believe that I am 38-33-39, my thigh is 23.5. I am feeling pretty good about everything except my waist. I feel that I could lose a few more inches there. If it's not too personal I would greatly appreciate replies.

I am 5" 8...wt-174 measurements are 40-31-38.....my goal is 155ish
    Good luck to you!
    Stacey
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So shall we got for a full-on group? Any names in mind? I totally need a group right now and I'd love it to be with other women whose goals and numbers match my own!!

Because this weekend... well... focaccia yesterday and peanut m&ms today. 'nuff said :frown: But it's an improvement over the last couple of months that I STOPPED myself. I really want to lose 5lbs in the next 4 weeks so no more monkey business!!

G'night fellow sky scapers :wink:
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and wow some of these girls are a lot skinnier than my GOAL weight! right now I'm about 220 lbs and wearing a size 16, hoping to get down to about 180 lbs - I know that for 5'10" BMI turns into "normal" range at 174, but honestly I've been skinnier than 180 and it ended up not feeling healthy at all, so I'm just going to try to get to where my body feels good!
  • augustbells
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 6 foot and currently weigh 257 lbs (wearing a size 24). I used to weigh between 150 - 160 and felt that was my perfect body weight...hoping to get back there soon!
  • augustbells
    Options
    I'm a tall girl as well....for years I believed I was 5'11 until my physician recently informed me that I'm two inches shorter than I originally thought, but anywho....I feel like a giant in size compared to you ladies...I don't want to list my measurements because they are truly out of line with anyone who has posted. I'll just say I need to lose about 80 pounds to begin to even think of shopping in the misses section....working on it daily....did plyometrics last night (a killer workout) and I'm sore all over...Thanks for the motivation....someone, somewhere is always wanting to climb a tall girl....

I was 270. I lost all my weight on my own and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, because I had to face the fact that I had let myself get to that point at 18 years of age. Keep fighting & keep trying. You're worth it, no matter how much weight you think you need to lose to be able to put it in a message. Good luck!!

Thank you for this post. I started the year at 270 lbs and it is sooo nice to hear of someone else who was here and lost it. You give me the courage to keep going!
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    I'm totally in for a 5'10" and over group! I am 5'10' but I have to lose waaayyyyyyyyy more than all of you ladies have to lose combined! We can call ourselves The Amazing Amazons. LOL
  • augustbells
    Options
    I'm totally in for a 5'10" and over group! I am 5'10' but I have to lose waaayyyyyyyyy more than all of you ladies have to lose combined! We can call ourselves The Amazing Amazons. LOL

I love the name Amazing Amazons!!
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm a tall girl as well....for years I believed I was 5'11 until my physician recently informed me that I'm two inches shorter than I originally thought, but anywho....I feel like a giant in size compared to you ladies...I don't want to list my measurements because they are truly out of line with anyone who has posted. I'll just say I need to lose about 80 pounds to begin to even think of shopping in the misses section....working on it daily....did plyometrics last night (a killer workout) and I'm sore all over...Thanks for the motivation....someone, somewhere is always wanting to climb a tall girl....

I was 270. I lost all my weight on my own and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, because I had to face the fact that I had let myself get to that point at 18 years of age. Keep fighting & keep trying. You're worth it, no matter how much weight you think you need to lose to be able to put it in a message. Good luck!!

Thank you for this post. I started the year at 270 lbs and it is sooo nice to hear of someone else who was here and lost it. You give me the courage to keep going!

Yay body buddies!!! Its so nice to see I'm not the only freakishly tall girl who will NEVER be a size Zero, Three or even Five!! :] You ladies make my day!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    WooHoo... Amazing Amazons :bigsmile:

Do we want to start a challenge? A certain amount of weight in a certain time?
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    Absolutely! How about a certain percentage of weight loss by a certain time? We can keep track weekly ourselves, post it here and then after four weeks or so our fearless leader can post a spreadsheet of everyone's percentages. Should we log in every day with our calorie & exercise stats, or at least log in once a week with our percentage?

And all those ladies teetertottering (wow I spelled that wrong LOL) in the 5'8"+ range are welcome, too! What do you think?

This will be great! I am so excited to know this many tall women who understand my plight of pants too short, skirts too short, and shoes that don't ever fit just right! LOL
  • graegirl
    graegirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I thought I was 5'9", but I am actually 5'10". Woooooooo! Hello three digits! I'm not sure what my measurements are, but I weigh 168 right now, and my goal is 149. I'd love to be there by July.

Good luck everyone!
  • graegirl
    graegirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are the Amazons, for sure. I'm in!:happy:
  • CareyT
    CareyT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and 245. My goal weight is 170, but as an adult I've never been below 185. I certainly know that I want to get below 200 and never cross that line again, but I'm not sure where my weight will ultimately feel right. I have a large frame, wide hips and a large pelvic bone which I definitely inherited. I feel like a large person, I am a large person, but my proportions and my silhouette certainly don't look like I weigh as much as I do. I also live in Asia where I feel like a HUGE person most of the time. It doesn't help that people here have no qualms about telling you your fat and giving you diet tips. I have muscle, heavy bones, and a big butt and I have since I always have. I am just trying to get toned, tight, fit and strong. I'd like to wear a size 10 when I'm at my goal weight, but I've been hovering between a 16 and 22 for 10 years. Well, I started Jan. 1 in earnest. I'd been half-heartedly trying for a month before that, but now I'm getting serious. Of course it's working. It always works if you work it.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    Absolutely! How about a certain percentage of weight loss by a certain time? We can keep track weekly ourselves, post it here and then after four weeks or so our fearless leader can post a spreadsheet of everyone's percentages. Should we log in every day with our calorie & exercise stats, or at least log in once a week with our percentage?

And all those ladies teetertottering (wow I spelled that wrong LOL) in the 5'8"+ range are welcome, too! What do you think?

This will be great! I am so excited to know this many tall women who understand my plight of pants too short, skirts too short, and shoes that don't ever fit just right! LOL

I think this sounds like a great idea! Any ideas for a weigh-in day fellow Amazons?
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and would love to be 155lbs but that's just too hard to maintain. I'm not small framed so even if I were skin and bones I'd be a size 8. I'm currently at 184 and would like to be able to maintain 160-165 for the long term.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Okay lovelies, I started a thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78151-amazing-amazons-round-1 See you over there!!
  • k1979k
    k1979k Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and around 63-64kgs (140lbs?) - currently trying to put on some muscle weight and tone. I get frustrated when people tell me I'm lucky I'm tall because I can carry extra weight and don't have to worry about what I eat. Um - no.. I pack on the weight around the hips, thighs and stomach if I'm not careful. And anyway -for me it's about being fit and healthy and feeling good about myself, so no I won't have that second serving of chocolate cake at morning tea time just because I'm tall and can 'get away with it' - that's what caused me to gain weight (which I've since lost) in the first place!!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    God is smart, he made sure I didnt have confidance and that body at the same time. Damn shame when ya think about it :sad:
    OMG that is the funniest thing I've read all day, and soooooo true. If I was shaped NOW like I was in my 20's, well, it would be a big wild party of misbehaving. :bigsmile:
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    I'm 5'10"!!! My measurements are 34"-28"-39". I don't do the weight thing, I signed up as 155 but I haven't weighed myself in ages. I would like to get my hips to 36.5".
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and around 63-64kgs (140lbs?) - currently trying to put on some muscle weight and tone. I get frustrated when people tell me I'm lucky I'm tall because I can carry extra weight and don't have to worry about what I eat. Um - no.. I pack on the weight around the hips, thighs and stomach if I'm not careful. And anyway -for me it's about being fit and healthy and feeling good about myself, so no I won't have that second serving of chocolate cake at morning tea time just because I'm tall and can 'get away with it' - that's what caused me to gain weight (which I've since lost) in the first place!!

I completely relate to this!!