Just Joined the Gym

kiffypooh
kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello All,
My husband and I just joined the gym today. I use to go to one years ago but only did the stairmaster. I'm not sure what to start out with and how long I should do things for. I have someone showing me all the machines on Tuesday, but I want to go tomorrow morning. Any suggestions?
Currently I mostly walk and do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Last October I walked a half marathon in 3 hours and 22 minutes. That's pretty much where I am physically at this point.
Thank you!

Replies

• Hi there.... I've been working out for a while now and this is my advice if your just starting out at the gym. The treadmill will be a good start. Try and do 30 minutes at a nice pace and maybe the elliptical machine for maybe 20 minutes. If your still up to it after that you can maybe try some nautilus machines for 15 minutes and that should be a nice start for you. Just do what feels good for you and try not to over do it, it takes time once you go at least 3-4 days and develop a routine you should be fine. Im sure your trainer on Tuesday will give you great pointers also. Good Luck! :smile:
  • salomesotilleo
    salomesotilleo Posts: 24 Member
    Wow, I joined a gym two day ago and it was great. I would walk in the morning and the evenings I felt I needed a little more motivation so I joined a gym. The good thing is that its open 24 hours and they offer class. So, I congratulate you on joining a gym. I found that the gym has a lot to offer and adds to daily walks. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.