peanut butter substitute

Options
Has anyone tried the peanut butter substitute caled PB2 from www.bellplantation.com ?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yes

I like the Chocolate one better. It says chocolate, but to me, it tastes more like 'real' pb to me. I can eat the Choc. one on a spoon, whereas the regular one I only use in recipes and things.

It makes GREAT protein shakes :)
  • sStephSs26
    sStephSs26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes! love it and the chocolate! i put a tablespoon in plain greek yogurt instread of fruit
  • fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yep! I love it. The plain peanut one doesn't taste like normal peanut butter. It's too salty.. It does work if I'm having a PB craving and no extra calories, though. I haven't tried the chocolate one yet, but I'm going to! I definitely think it's worth it to purchase them. They're way expensive on the website, so I order mine from eBay. If you do that, make sure you get it from a top-rated seller. (:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    it's good -- but definitely order from ebay or amazon for a better deal!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yum yum yum!! I use it in my smoothies all the time! The chocolate variety is definitely better. I get mine from netrition.com, very reasonable pricing there.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't quite understand where they put the calories and the oil? I eat all natural peanut butter -- ingredients: Peanuts....that is it, no sugar, no cocoa, no salt, yet it has 200 calories for 2 Tbsps.

This PB2, contains all of the above, yet it only supposedly has 45 calories for 2 Tbsps? What did they do with the calories from the peanuts, let alone the calories from the cocoa and the sugar?
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't quite understand where they put the calories and the oil? I eat all natural peanut butter -- ingredients: Peanuts....that is it, no sugar, no cocoa, no salt, yet it has 200 calories for 2 Tbsps.

This PB2, contains all of the above, yet it only supposedly has 45 calories for 2 Tbsps? What did they do with the calories from the peanuts, let alone the calories from the cocoa and the sugar?

they press out the oil, which is where most of the fat comes from. It comes in powder form and you add water.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just get peanut flour - plenty of sources if you google it. Protein Plus is the one I have and it has no sugar/salt added. I mix it with a little water when on the road and traveling and I don't have a fridge to store natural PB. Or I use it in smoothies. It's great! (and WAY cheaper than PB2!)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options

they press out the oil, which is where most of the fat comes from. It comes in powder form and you add water.

Thank you!
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i love it!!
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    just started using it yesterday... great!.. i'm using it in my protein shakes