It WILL happen, when my body is ready!!

Options
So I started my "make over" on June 23rd - I've been a member for a long while, but was always trying to lose fast and always ended up giving up. I just had this overwhealming desire to get myself on track.
I was considering surgery, then I started reading the success stories on here. I was surprised to learn that the large weight losses people were reporting were from losing slowly over a long time. These also seemed to be the most successful at keeping the weight off. It all made sense to me, I love to eat, hate feeling deprived and when I have lost the weight I want to be able to maintain easily. So I planned for a pound a week. 10 weeks later and 10lb lighter, it works, OK, it's not like it was 1lb of fat every week, infact some weeks I was soooo fustrated with the scale I could of thrown it out the window. :explode: Thank heavens I measured myself!! However, I was NOT going to give up. What was I going to go back to?? Eating crap, feeling yucky, fustrated 'cos my clothes were ugly, didn't fit right. Sweating every summer, even though I love the heat???? Nope, not that, not ever again, so I pushed on, I gave up weighing every week, every 2 weeks and went to monthly.
My body will not fall into line with my desire of 1lb loss a week, it has its own way of doing it, At first I thought something was wrong with me, imagining all kinds of disorders that were ganging up on me and thwarting my progress, nope just my honery body doing its unique to me body thing!!!!! But here's the thing, the tape measure never lied, it showed me a loss every 2 weeks, even if the scale did not - it is my best friend, :love: even has its own cubby!!
I still have a lot to lose, but I am in no hurry, I want to do this the right way for me. So to those of you out there who are fustrated at your body for not letting go of the weight in an orderly fashion like you have planned, take a "chill pill", weigh yourself less, measure yourself and just keep on "keeping on". It will happen :drinker:

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this reminder today. Having a rough week!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Great reminder! That was me, took me almost 4 years to get where I wanted to be. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • AdrienneYocham
    AdrienneYocham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It will happen! When you're like me and you have over 100lbs to lose, you have to remember that it is going to take a while. I celebrate each milestone, each NSV. I'm tickled for every pound and looking forward to the rest of my life like this! Not just the months it is going to take to reach my goal!

Thanks for the reminder and keep up the good work!
  • elles81
    elles81 Posts: 4
    Options
    Brilliant post. Thank you for the reminder:-)))
    I'll keep on keeping on for as long as it takes
  • Mnm1983
    Mnm1983 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Needed to hear this...thank you!
  • thiagirl88
    thiagirl88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you, this made me cry cause I have struggled with weight my whole life and want to just be skinny and healthy, but kept giving up quickly....I am now motivated to take my time. thanks for sharing. God bless.
  • butterflyfairy2
    butterflyfairy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Add another crier lol. Thank you so much for posting, I REALLY needed to read this. I have been busting my behind for 1 week and have seen absolutely no change on the scale, yet my hubby has lost 6 pounds. I was feeling very discouraged and almost ready to give up but my kids continue to be my motivation, I don't want them to see mom just give up.
    Im going to have my husband help me to do my measurements and hopefully I will see some results that way. I will just keep on keeping on and even if im not losing, at least im eating healthier and teaching my kids how to eat healthy as well. :happy:
  • TinaBasinger
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful post! Thanks for articulating it so well to all that are struggling. I'm going to pass this on to some of my friends and customers who have large amounts of weight to lose and are easily discouraged. Thank you! Keep up the great work!!!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. I thought I was not getting anywhere and then I measured myself:-)
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think this is the key to keeping it off. This is how I did it this time. It's taken me a yr to lose 73 lbs but worth it!
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I sooo needed to hear this today too....I constantly read all of the success stories and it just seemed like everyone on this site BUT ME has been losing weight and i'm just stuck in the biggest, longest rut! I've been pressing on in spite of but the last few days have been particulary frustrating/depressing...the scale just would not move! And when it does...it's going the wrong way! I'm really trying not to become discouraged and give up (and eat myself into an even larger mess) but it's hard sometimes....thanks though...I appreciate it
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I needed reminded of that today.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    GREAT attitude... I'm gonna remember this one! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!