Ladies, how do you feel about...

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Love them. Eat them at least once a week. Used to eat even more when I had a huge veggie garden and canned.

My aunt married a man born in Russian. They use beets like we use potatoes in their stews- what they call borscht. People who aren't Russian think borscht is only the pureed beet soup that the French make.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    ewww. My least favorite veggie. Hate the color, hate the taste.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Roasted with other root veg is yummy but hardly ever buy them to be honest!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hate them. Hate the color, flavor, looks, smell, and how they leave a permanent stain just by looking at them.
  • cklb
    cklb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Seriously???
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Not quite in the age range, but other than in borscth, I can't stand them. I've tried many many times, just can't do it.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I love beets! I use to take the can ones and just slice them into a salad or eat them plain like that. I have gotten into purchasing the real deal and backing them. Delicious. I haven't had them recently due to not being in control of my cooking, but now that I have my own place, i hope to incorporate them back in my life... I would eat them as often as I feel I can still enjoy them.. Maybe once a week?
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE beets. Fresh preferred by far, packaged fresh cooked is good, canned is fairly icky. Like them raw (shredded in lettuce salads or with shredded carrot and jicama) or juiced (mix with apple/carrot/celery/lemon) or cooked - baked (omg good) or boiled. I add sliced cold boiled beets to green salad.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    To me, they taste like dirt.
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    No like.

They have this weird earthy taste that I can't get past. But I keep trying. :)
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I love beets. I eat them twice a month. I wish they didn't stain... but they are still worth it.
  • kenvyn2
    Options
    last tried eating them about 10 years ago - yuck, yuck and yuck!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I hate beets. They taste like dirt to me. I eat them.... NEVER. Bleck!:sick:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    sorry, I just realized I wasn't in your age range. x_x
  • VikH46
    Options
    Love them...end of!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    love them! at first, i had a hard time with the "earthy" taste but now that is exactly what i love about them. plus they have a certain sweetness too. i love them steamed and then pan grilled with just a tiny bit of olive oil. i also eat them cold with goat cheese and chives. yummy! i know people that make cakes out of pureed beets...haven't gone there yet but it sounds interesting!

now, on the flip side, they stain horribly. and my bathroom trips the day after a "beet" fest are interesting too. EVERYTHING comes out RED! it's like a murder happened in my toilet! lol!!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    The smell of beets makes me want to vomit. The color is pretty but stains easily. I don't like them at all.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I know they are good for me, but yuck yuck yuck. Hubby loves them, so he loads up if we are at a salad bar.
  • erebar
    erebar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hated them until about 2 years ago when my mom introduced me to lightly roasted ones in a salad at Cheesecake factory. Delicious! I'm hooked. Yellow ones don't stain and are even sweeter.
  • LindaVas
    LindaVas Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yuck!