Advice required to lose last bit of weight.

Options
Hi I have been on MFP for about a year but constantly logging for 205 days. I have lost 20lbs on here but another 14 prior to joining. I have recently been on holiday for 3 weeks and in this time gained 9lbs. Upon returning I got straight back on plan and lost 4lb the first week. I have stuck to the plan but this week had a slight gain of 0.2lbs not much but I work my butt off running 3 times week and lifting 3 times a week. I am on 1360cals a day and always eat back my exercise calories. I believe in feeding my body as I work so hard. However on long run days I earn over 1000 cals and find myself forcing myself to eat to a net of 1200. I find this hard and also can't believe it is ok to eat in excess of 2500 cals a day as I sometimes do on the other hand on my rest day I struggle to stick to 1360 and constantly crave food. I also use a fitbit and eat back the calories from the adjustment it gives me. I don't want to lose weight fast but surely I should be losing faster than I am. I know 4lbs last week was good but after my holiday (I ate what I wanted) this is what I would have expected and also a decent loss this week. My first instinct is to cut calories or not eat my exercise back but not convinced this is the right way to go.
Some info I am 41 yo, weigh 144.5 lbs, 5ft4 and have 30% BF which I need to reduce. Would like to lose about another 10 lb. What would you do.

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have the right weekly goal selected. With less than 10 pounds to go, you should aim for a half pound a week. With similar stats, that'd give me about 1500 calories (plus exercise calories). Aim to go over your protein goal, too.

I have a hard time eating ALL the calories on long run days, too, so I do what I can, and allow some "rollover calories" on the following days. Sometimes being extra active suppresses my appetite a bit, but I become a human vacuum cleaner the next few days.

Then... put more emphasis on other methods of tracking your progress beyond the scale. Measurements, how clothes fit, photos, etc.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set to lose 1 lb a week at the moment.
  • Noc6285
    Noc6285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't eat back your exercise calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have the right weekly goal selected. With less than 10 pounds to go, you should aim for a half pound a week. With similar stats, that'd give me about 1500 calories (plus exercise calories). Aim to go over your protein goal, too.

I have a hard time eating ALL the calories on long run days, too, so I do what I can, and allow some "rollover calories" on the following days. Sometimes being extra active suppresses my appetite a bit, but I become a human vacuum cleaner the next few days.

Then... put more emphasis on other methods of tracking your progress beyond the scale. Measurements, how clothes fit, photos, etc.

All of this!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options

^^ yup definately this
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Take a diet break for about a week. Then go back on a slight deficit, do some fasted cardio, HIIT training and perhaps try carb cycling if your body can handle it.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree to set your weight loss at 1/2 lb per week.