Ladies, how do you feel about...

Options

Replies

• LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    As part of a roasted root vegetable medley they are fine. Otherwise, NO!
  • Cosplayify
    Options
    I've never eaten beets.
    But I feel pretty positively about them: I really liked The Beets from Doug.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    hate them!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love: love them

Only had the canned and jarred pickled all my life. Went to a health food type restraunt and they served roasted beets. Oh no, now I am drooling:grumble:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Don't really like them.

On;y familiar with the pickled ones from an early age - and despite the fact that I love every other pickle veg (onion, cornichons, etc), I don't like beetroot. I don't like the extra faff required in preparing them - the skins that have to be slipped off, the staining factor, and all that.

I've had plain boiled ones in salads, and I'm not crazy about the taste. Could live happily in a world without them.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    not a fan
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Love them any way they are made!
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    They make for a lovely cheek & lip stain but I won't eat them. Nasty. Just awful.
  • folkoono
    folkoono Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They make amazing soup!
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Is that what we call beetroot in the UK? I don't go out of my way to eat it, but the fresh vacuum packed stuff is nice one in a while in a salad, at the side. Edited to say that I mean pre-cooked, cold and vacuum packed. Other than pickled in a jar, I've never had them raw etc. I tried the pickled sandwich filler stuff and hated it. Too much added sugar.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    they are OK...my husband loves pickled beets (and onions!) and always has them if we have homemade fish and chips (which I haven't had in FOREVER personally). i've never had them raw I don't think - or if i have, i don't remember. But i rarely, rarely eat them. I also don't like how they stain your fingers!

If it was in a salad, i would eat them. and i' not a fan of them pickled. i'm sure they're nicer raw.

anyways my verdict - don't hate them but don't love them either. lol
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i love beets, well pickled beets, my grandma makes a really good beet dish with onion too thats pretty awesome. believe it or not my 3 yr old daughter will make a meal out of beets, strange, but true! lol
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Love em anyway except pickled...bad memories from childhood and seeing eggs soaking in beet juice in the fridge
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love beets. Mostly I buy them to make pickled eggs, then I end up eating them right out of the can at the same time. I rarely buy fresh though.
  • colgosling
    colgosling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love them pickled or boiled, never tried them roasted but they are the easiest thing to grow too :)
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love beets. Pickled are great, and I love them roasted and tossed with a honey balsamic glaze.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    I adore beets! Boiled with a little salt is my fav :)
  • wendy2010fun
    wendy2010fun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't like beets. Although I have friends that love them
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They are delicious roasted (although I usually do them in olive oil, so that might need to change:), great boiled, and THE BEST out of a tin and straight onto a burger.
  • weezy1c
    Options
    I love pickled beets.I also like them right out of the can(plain),I never had them roasted,or any other way.I never even saw them raw,either. Weezy