Were you treated differently after losing a lot of weight?

Options
Have you been treated differently after losing lots of weight? When I was overweight, I didn't really have any friends, no one asked me out and most people (including my family members) were incredibly rude and call me names for no reason. Now that I have lost almost 100 Ibs, my family members are really nice, many strangers strike up conversations with me and many guys ask me out on dates. Has anyone noticed reactions like these after shedding pounds?

Replies

• shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    that is so sad. Congratulations on your weight loss and may you be happy in life. I had the opposite, I lost weight and my family didn't like it, didn't help that most of them were bigger than me and I explained to them that I was at a healthy weight for a runner. They were never mean about it but it but it got frustrating because it never let up until I started gaining the weight back on.

People are very judgemental and there is nothing you can do about it except telling them if they are being rude.

And grow a thicker skin, don't let them get you down and enjoy the new you. Be around people that like you for who you are not for your size.

Remember you have the last laugh as you are healthy and happier. :smile:
  • treimnitz
    treimnitz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I am getting noticed more in a good and in a bad way.
    On the good side, I get quite a few compliments! :)
    On the bad, when I was heavier, I was never told to lose weight. (I was 192, 5'7'').
    Now, I'm thinner (141 pounds) and I'm constantly told to "Eat something! You're too skinny!"
    I'm very fit and muscular, not skinny. Hearing these types of comments really hurt my feelings. Especially since I've worked so hard over the past 4 years to lose all this weight. I should also add that these were close relatives. It seemed they were trying to get me to "feed my face" at a family event. It's not appealing.
    So I know exactly how you feel!