Who gets anxious about the weekly weigh-in?

Options
Tomorrow morning is my time to get on the scale. I have been good and followed the plan but I am experiencing some anxiety over what the scale will tell me.

Am I alone here? I know that it is a process that takes some time. I sure would like to get some good news.

Replies

• CaLaurie
    Options
    Not alone!!! Was just thinking about that. Having a hungry day today, but tomorrow morning is weigh in - don't want to mess that up. I don't imagine that this is good thinking.... But still not gonna cheat today.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i worry every monday when i go to weigh in
  • meandtwocats
    Options
    Very much so. Some weeks nothing and then boom 3 pounds in a week gone. I hate it when the it does not move.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always worry before I step on my weight scale (1x week), especially when I have been working extra hard!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I was kinda scared at first and then I had a doc appt that said I was five pounds larger than my scale....I was fricken pissed off! Just keep with your plan and definitely follow your food and water intake carefully.....Things will end up working for you in the long run.....
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been around a month (MFP that is) but I was getting discouraged because I was stalled out on weight loss in spite of the fact that I was working out more than ever before. I started tracking measurements and I am so encouraged!!! (Just sayin'...):flowerforyou:
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I worry more about when I pull out the tape measure. With weight it can change so much due to water, salt, diet, constapation, alcohol etc so I try not to stress too much instead its a long streak, but the tape measure doesn't lie, if I don't at least loose a tiny bit somewhere I do feel let down.
  • cybercpa
    Options
    I weigh whenever I feel like it and I never feel anxiety. I have tracked my weight loss and I lose (approximately) 2 pounds about every 8-12 days. I weigh frequently just to "keep an eye on things" until the day comes when I finally lose the 2 pounds. Weight fluctuates daily by a slight amount and is higher at night by a bit. Relax, just keep exercising and eating healthy, can't rush the weight loss process...
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Kimosabe1 - I love that pic on your ticker!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in once a month. Nothing to get excited about. I think the discouragement comes in when you have a scale that measures you down to the nanometer. I gave up on that crap. I weigh in once a month. I don't sweat it. Just log daily, exercise, and when your time of the month comes around, log your weight, and you'll be surprised.
  • Donnapops
    Options
    Your defo not alone, I always worry about weigh in day, especially this week because my routine has changed this week and i went out for a meal with some of my family tonight and enjoyed it a bit too much so not looking forward to it even more this week xx
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I stress about it every monday morning. I have a digital scale and if it looks like it might weigh me higher than previous week I jump off really quick and just wait until the next monday.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    weigh in's are always nerve wracking. Just remember your body does not lose fat linearly, it sort of drops in "chunks" even when you are doing everything right.
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Totally..when I get on the scale waiting for the weight to show up, I chant "just go down....just go down... just go down."
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I only ever weigh myself at my quarterly doctor visits - I make my appointments before breakfast and I always wear the same outfit. I like doing it this way because she enters it immediately into my weight chart so I'm looking at the downward trend more than I am the number on the scale today.
  • kie_kie
    kie_kie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When i know i've lost then i cant wait but when i no i've gained i dread it
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Not really. The scale is a tool but it is the least important of the tools I use to measure success. This week it gave me a 4 pounds and a half weight gain, my waist went up 1 inch but my callipers say I lost fat. What this all mean is that I actually lost fat but retaining water because I am between ovulation and period. I didn't gained fat and that is all the matter.
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I go get my coffee or eat anything, so I usually know pretty much what it's gonna say based on what I did the day before. It is always nice when you see it go down bit by bit, but I don't stress it (too much lol)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not really. The scale is a tool but it is the least important of the tools I use to measure success. This week it gave me a 4 pounds and a half weight gain, my waist went up 1 inch but my callipers say I lost fat. What this all mean is that I actually lost fat but retaining water because I am between ovulation and period. I didn't gained fat and that is all the matter.

This. I stressed about it a little in the beginning, and I'd make sure I watched my sodium and had plenty of water in the days leading up to it, sometimes even taking a rest day before my weigh in so I wouldn't have any DOMS interfering with the number...

... Then I realized, "WTF?!" I'm not on the Biggest Loser. It's not a contest. It doesn't matter if I lose x amount of weight every seven days. As long as I'm getting consistent progress in most of the ways I track my progress* then the number on the scale does not matter.

* Fitness goals, how clothes fit, measurements and progress photos, and a little bit the scale.
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am always worried when I am ready to weigh in. It is at its worse around my TOM every month I see a 4 lb increase and have even seen a 6 lb increase. The only good thing is the following weeks weigh in shows the 4-6 lb increase is gone and I have lost an additonal 2 lbs. Since the rest of the month I average 1/2-1 lb weight loss I am always happy to see the 2 lbs gone. That unfortunatly has not stopped me from freeking out the week before even though it has stayed consistant.