How many on your fl are true, deep, friends?

Options

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    typically real true friends you can count on one hand, and you see them in person in your real life.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My sister.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Get out of here! ANYTIME you have to start "Qualifying" Friend or Love you know it is ALL FONY! A Friend IS a Friend. Only people who DO NOT know what a Friend is Qualifies it with Adjectives; why not just call "them" what they are>>>Acquaintances, Associates, Someone I/You know, Online Pal/Buddy. I'll also say this, ANYONE I have NOT met IRL and KNOW them CAN NOT Be a Friend, you do NOT know who or what is behind a screen name. Is this world getting so shallow and people so desperate for companionship that they will develop affection for a "Screen Name?" SICK!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    ZERO. I am here to log, view tips, and get recipes
  • Joleen4759
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started about a week ago and I finally found out how to place a comment here! I just want to say that I think you're wrong about people on line. I met a woman almost 5 years ago on a game and she lived in California and I live in Pa. We had both lost our best friends from cancer and I most recently back then. This woman is now my best friend and I trust her with my life. We have both been a God-send to one another. We have yet to meet and that is both our dream, because she is originally from Pa. Maybe someday we will get that blessing, but if it never happens, she is still my BFF. Now and always..So, please don't sell others short, some on line care deeply for others, and sometimes others need a friend too! God bless you...Hope we can become friends...
  • Joleen4759
    Options
    Hi,
    I feel so bad for so many here, because they, like you feel nobody really cares about them. That's not always the truth. I hope you can see my reply to someone else that felt the same way. I know that I care, or I wouldn't be wasting my time replying to your posts. You are not alone here! If you'd like to contact me, please do...but in the meantime, God's always there for you...so may He bless you and show you that others do care!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    I just started adding friends, so none so far. but that's a subject to change! :laugh: :wink:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have a handful I think would be incredible friends in real life, but sadly, distance and time/cost of travel is a problem.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have 70 on my list.

Of those I know a handful in real life.

I could delete some, but would keep about 25.

Would, if I could, meet about 15 of the 25.

Have already made plans to meet 1.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    One
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends I talk to every day. I would hope they don't delete me!!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I keep my FL down to people that I interact with directly on a regular basis...out of the 40-some on there, I would say at LEAST half a dozen would fit this description. I know 2 IRL, and have talked about meeting a few others.

I see no point in going on this journey with friends here if it's not for real. I have zero interest in fake friendships.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I would meet any on my FL if we had the opportunity. Life is busy for most of us and I appreciate the support. If they needed anything I would be there! If that wasnt the case then why do I interact with them ona daily basis? Why do I care how they are doing every day? I share a big part of my life with these people.....friends! MUAH!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I think that there are all kinds of relationships... and different types of friendships. So, with most of the people on my FL - which I keep to a smalller number purposefully - I'd say I have some really great friends. There was a group of us - who were a daily support to each other through big life events.... they are my Skinny Chic Sisters! I do find that they have been great friends - even if we weren't meeting in person, they were there to lend a shoulder and to celebrate with me (or for me when I didn't do it myself!). I have a couple of friends from MFP who I have met "in real life." We've hung out, had a drink, I met their kids, etc. And? It was easy and natural - just as it would be with your non-MFP friends.

My point? There can be "true, deep, real" friendships... even if they start on-line! I love my Friends on here - they all have added value to my life and to this journey... and I hope, HOPE, I have done even a fraction of the same for them! :)
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would easily call a handful of them "true" friends and would do anything to meet them in person someday. Heck, I've even recently considered renewing my expired passport for the sole purpose of getting the chance to meet some of my UK based MFPeeps. But that woukd probably be a bad idea because I could get myself into loads of trouble with some of them! Since most of my "friends" in real life are work aquaintences who usually want something from me, I consider my MFP friends truer friends than many of the people I know in "real life".
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    Options
  • drailine
    drailine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just recently joined here so I only have one on my friends list; but I will say that over the years I've met and become really good friends with people on other social sites...and met quite a few in person from all over the country (US) and a couple in Canada. I'm sure that I'll make and meet new friends via my journey here too.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    None... They are on my friends list because they have already achieved the results I want to achieve... Role models if you will
    And a few because they have a great attitude and are great banter and also because some are fabulous eye candy ;)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Right now I relate a lot of things to my upcoming wedding, and I have a good number of friends here who I really want to invite. A handful I probably will.
    I have some really fun, really awesome people on my FL. And I'm the type of person I really like to connect.

One of my very best MFP friends is even going to be IN my wedding, and I met her here. I couldn't be more pleased with some of the connections I've made here.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a lot who are very supportive. A few I know in real life and they happened to be using this too. A few others I met along the way that have been very inspiring to me (including the original poster). :)