Just Finished my first round of P90x (with Pic's)

Options
rvani
rvani Posts: 10 Member
This is an abridged version of my post on my personal blog - http://www.haironfirepm.com/2012/08/20/my-p90x-success-story/ - I have spent so much time reading success stories here to motivate me to keep on pushing I felt it only fair to share mine. As I am putting myself out there with this post, I hope to inspire at least one other person as others have done for me the last three months.

The link also has an an excel template I used to track my progress. It is free - so feel free to download it.

I hate posting picture on MFP - so I hope this works.

p90x2d-mfp.png

In 2012 I made a new year’s resolution, like many others, to lose weight. So I joined my wife who was already kicking butt on her weight loss journey, and began to eat healthy and started working out again. In February of 2012 I started getting up at 5:30 AM and running before work; if there is a will there is a way. By May, 2012 I was back under 200 lbs at 197.2. At this point it was time for something different, so my wife and I decided to try the P90x program since we had heard such great reviews from others who have tried the program.

I don’t think either of us were ready for the “extreme” part of the program. On the first day I could barley finish the first DVD and was thinking to myself – WHAT THE HELL DID WE GET INTO. We stuck with it and followed the program. In the end I only missed three workouts.

I am happy to say we finished the first round of the program in August, 2012. I am down to a loose 36 waist size and have lost a total of 12.8 lbs using P90x. We are planning a vacation and getting ready to start round two when we get back. I still have ~10 lbs to hit my goal and not done yet. In the words of Tony Horton – Bring it!

p90x1.png

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    awesome job! congrats on a healthier, happier you!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • Beely7
    Beely7 Posts: 5
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations!
  • CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Gratz on the great job. you look great.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! Congrats on being a graduate!
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You must feel SO GOOD now. Well done, sir. Enjoy your vacation!
  • jcjammin
    jcjammin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • rvani
    Options
    thank you all for the kind words of support.
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You kicked butt! And, good luck with Round 2! :smile:
  • rvani
    Options
    We are planning a vacation and getting ready to start round two when we get back.

Well I got back from my trip two nights ago and it was awesome. I fell off the diet a bit but I plan to start round two of P90x / insanity this Tuesday - Bring it!!!!

Feel free to add me if you are planning on starting P90x or Insanity around that same time. Always looking for new friends.

Here is a picture of me holding crane in front of the monastery in Petra, Jordan after a long hike up to the top of the mountain. When I started three months ago I never thought I would be able to do crane, and would have never even considered trying it in public. But in the words of knightreader "here is to a healthier, happier and more confident me! "

crane1.png
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thats so cool you went to Petra! I want to go there someday... You look great btw :)
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. My DH and I just started p90x last week. It is kicking our butts, but we're hanging in there. We're not following the schedule yet, just doing the kendo, abs and stretching so far. We just got our resistance bands so we'll start with the strength training videos next week. I can't even imagine doing that pose!
  • rvani
    Options
    Thats so cool you went to Petra! I want to go there someday... You look great btw :)

Thank you and yes Petra was amazing. If you get to Jordan don't miss out on Wadi Rum - that was the best part of my trip.
    That's awesome. My DH and I just started p90x last week. It is kicking our butts, but we're hanging in there. We're not following the schedule yet, just doing the kendo, abs and stretching so far. We just got our resistance bands so we'll start with the strength training videos next week. I can't even imagine doing that pose!

I am no expert but the diet is the most important part. Modify as much as you need to do the the DVD's, I know I did. Its great you have somebody to do the workouts with. I did them with my wife and after a while we just muted them and because Tony does get quite annoying.
  • desirae1976
    desirae1976 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations and good luck on your next round!
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great results! I love the picture of you doing the crane haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!