any good salad dressings?

Options
I'm looking for salad dressing that is low (or better yet, has NO) sugar, low in fat, only "good" fat and is tasty. Ideas?

Replies

• chicodasilva
    Options
    Hello! you dont need to buy dressings! you can make your own. If you stay away from processed stuff is even better. This is what i do for a huge bowl of salad:

1/3 cup or lemon juice, mixed with a bit of vinager, pepper, salt, and 1 tea spoon of mustard. Mix. Then add a bit of olive oil and mix again.

You can make it also adding a bit of honey, orange juice.....just play with flavours and discover the taste you like the most.

Cheers

Ximena from Chile
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    this is my go to... yummy! only 15 calories per serving, 1 g sugar. its in the database if you want to look it up. i always have it in my fridge :)

Eating Right - Roasted Sweet Pepper & Garlic Vinaigrette Dressing
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Salsa by itself is flavorful and low calorie/low fat.
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your 100 pound loss

keep up the great work!
  • MBest12
    Options
    Not sure if it is available all over the country but Zia's Fat Free Sweet Italian is GREAT!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I just use a little balsamic vinegar on my salads.
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    chicodasilva "1/3 cup or lemon juice, mixed with a bit of vinager, pepper, salt, and 1 tea spoon of mustard. Mix. Then add a bit of olive oil and mix again."

THIS SOUNDS GREAT!! THANKS!!
  • jdramage
    Options
    My favorite is Kraft Greek with Feta and Oregano. Only 60 calories for a tablespoon. It's made with olive oil so it has the good fats: heart-healthy omega 3s :) A little bit goes a long way.
  • cat1110
    cat1110 Posts: 28
    Options
    If you like Cilantro, I have a super yummy recipe - and I love it so much I use it as a sauce on meats too!

1 cup packed fresh cilantro
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1 T chopped garlic
    salt and pepper to taste

Mix in the food processer until smooth
  • piperfiske
    Options
    Girard's Lite Champagne Dressing is really great, and has some of the lowest numbers I've seen. Very tasty too!
  • a978736
    Options
    I like the kraft fat free itilian
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    I don't know if you've tried the Walden Farms brand, but they have dressings, marinades, and even dessert components that are sugar free, fat free, zero carb. I think they're pretty good.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I like to use hot sauce as a salad dressing

It gives the salad a kick and is not bad for you at all
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I use the spritzers salad dressing.
  • TStrichik
    Options
    Walden Farms Calorie free. fat free sugar free.
  • Sarah1768
    Options
    I love the kens light accent in the spray bottle. Honey mustard is the best flavor. I also use it on baked chicken. great on baby spinach with tomatoes.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse yogurt dressings.
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    keep dressing on the side and dip a little at a time

or use 1/2 of what you usually do and top off with fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Bolt house yogurt dressings are the Bomb! Also newman's own light red wine vinegar and oil. I like to use Wishbone Salad Spritzers too. I have tried the walden farm dressings and did not like them, but you may so give them a whirl!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's carries a couple of good ones. My favorites are the Cilantro Dressing at 45 cal per 2 TBS and the Cranberry Walnut Gorgonzola at 90 cal per 2 TBS. when I'm really missing my favorite decadent ranch or creamy italian dressing though, I mix 1 TBS of the dressing with 1 TBS white vinegar for a "low cal" version.