Day 2 post-op Tummy Tuck

Options

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Wolfena, I'm glad to hear you're following! I waited for 3 years for my tuck & was always searching for blogs & any information that would give me the full human experience of a tummy tuck. I'm doing my best to update my blog daily in my first couple weeks. I include as much information as I can, depending on my energy for the day right now haha. I know it's a bit gruesome at times & there's probably TMI also, but I don't want to leave details out. I'm happy that 4 days out I seem to be healing well & feeling healthy. I'm getting a very real experience where I don't have to flat magazine belly right away. I'm going to have to wait for the swelling to reduce, which is great & gives me something to look forward too & makes me keep healthy to recover faster.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    just thinking of you :flowerforyou:

Thank you for being so selfless and posting your experience. This way others like you can make an informed decision.

Jeannie
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks Arewethereyet! I felt like it was a responsibility that went along with the tummy tuck experience. I would find only really old blogs about people experience & I also noticed that a lot of people didn't keep them up to date after a couple postings. I know that a lot of people have children & other duties that keep them away, so I thought since I'm kid-less & am practically attached to my computer, that it would be fun for me. I think it will be good for me personally too because I'm doing a 200 km bike ride this summer & will be training once I heal, so it will be nice to see how my body changes. I never documented my process during the weight loss and always regretted it, so I guess this is kinda like making up for it. Taking daily photos to see my changes is already giving me more confidence & will keep me motivated to keep hitting the gym!!

I'm about to update my blog again since I didn't do much last night, but I'll post again a second time probably tonight!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi I have been tracking your journey. I am glad things are going well. I need to lose over a 100 pounds and it is kind of nice to follow someone who has done it. Get an idea of things to come.:flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an amazing journey! Thanks for sharing and being so open. I hope you continue to feel better quickly. :heart:
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us. I, too, have more than 100 pounds to lose, but I'm taking it day by day. I am trying to work out and keep myself in motion so my skin won't sag. But, I understand that even the best of workouts don't always keep the skin taut like it should, so surgery may be necessary to remove excess skin. You're so awesome and courageus to keep us abreast of what's going on! :flowerforyou: Now, I won't be so scared if I have to do it, too!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in the swelling. I think it's going down nicely.

You can't help but feel like Shamu after ANY surgery-- the body naturally goes into "disaster mode" and stores water in preparation for the next "disaster" (aka knife cut). It takes a couple weeks for that water to naturally go away and your body to return to okay levels. Give yourself time.... I'm sure your tummy will look amazing in a few short weeks!! I am so excited for you!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    BIG difference!! Progressing well! Keep doing what you are doing and all will be as the good doctor says! Thank you for sharing your new life!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    wow big difference in just a few days:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Wow..........quite the experience you're going thru - good for you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Don't get discouraged about the tubes; they're pretty standard for any type of major surgery and you'll probably have them about 2 weeks. I know they're gross, but much better to have them sucking that stuff out of you instead of waiting for your body to reabsorb it!! My sister had a drain tube for 3 weeks after her mastectomy and it was still draining fluids out when they removed it.

Hope you continue to improve quickly! You're gonna look awesome once you're done healing!!!:happy: :happy:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith.... you will look great in a few weeks. The drains suck when they come out you will feel soooooooooo much better.
  • leebee2001
    Options
    Thank so much for sharing so openly, I am on the start of my almost 100lb loss and I bet I will need the same surgery.

Thanks for your honesty:) Hope you feel good.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I'm doing a bit better each day. I'm on day 8 now and have a bit more energy. I just wish I could fast forward to a couple months from now. I've been loving blogging about my experience & doing my best to keep it accurate and real because I know there are many people out there just like me who are going through substantial weight loss and deserve the chance to have a beautiful figure at the end of their journey.

Remember that it's about a healthy lifestyle & to take your time!!!! It took me about 4 years to get off all of this weight & after this surgery, I will never let any of that weight ever come back!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You look better in every picture!! Keep moving around to get the energy back and keep drinking your water to flush all the med's that may be keeping you retaining and constipated! Your two month photo will be awesome!!!
  • tobebetter
    Options
    :smile: :smile: wishing you well! :smile: :smile:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    You are doing great - Glad to hear it is getting better each day. thank you for sharing.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love checking up on you on your blog - looks like things are going great!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Wow is all I can say! I just read your blog and what a journey you have been on. I must say that even with swelling and tubes you look amazing. I am just totally amazed by the difference. I hope you continue to heal well and I can't wait to see the final results. Thank you for being so brave as to keep a blog and do pictures about your journey. I'm going to have to have a tummy tuck once I get to my goal weight and I started out a lot heavier than you. I can't even begin to imagine what I'll look like before and after. Seeing what you have gone through almost makes it seem possible though. Thanks again.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! The swelling has been getting me down, but I've been doing lots of reading this morning to reassure myself that there's other cases like mine & that it's going to take a few months. It took me 5 years to get here & a few more months won't hurt :)

I'm getting ready to go to my doctors appointment & truly hoping that my drains can be removed!!! They are giving me such pain, discomfort & I think that I'll feel more human once they are out. I will be posting when I get home for an update. I'm not getting my hopes out that today's the day, but it would be a great reward! I'm going back to work on Monday and I just really can't stand the thought of going to the office with these two drains & bulbs :(

Thank you all for encouraging me & making my days so much better!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!