Ok why...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
Do you take the machine next to someone when there is about 20 others that are open? This I find happening more and more when I'm at the gym, seriously drives me nuts, I like personal space and these gals get up on the machine right next to me. Why you gotta invaide my space!?
9ec62ae2.jpg

Replies

• joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It there favorite machine and they don't care some is next it

Or

You are cute and they want a date
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    They want you to stare at them while they work out - then act all pissed off and shocked if you do :noway:
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with the fact that you look good and they need eye candy for motivation. Take it as a compliment. :blushing: And it counts for reassurance you don't smell. :laugh:
  • amrita0286
    Options
    LOL I get like that too while at the gym. I do like having at least the machines right next to me empty but I guess you can't really control which machine someone uses. It only sucks when those people smell... :sick:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with the fact that you look good and they need eye candy for motivation. Take it as a compliment. :blushing: And it counts for reassurance you don't smell. :laugh:

Exactly. I dont see what the issue is! :bigsmile:
  • faerie_queen
    Options
    They want you to stare at them while they work out - then act all pissed off and shocked if you do :noway:

^ This. lol but yeah I am big on personal space too...I would just get off and move to one far far away and see their reaction.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Do you take the machine next to someone when there is about 20 others that are open? This I find happening more and more when I'm at the gym, seriously drives me nuts, I like personal space and these gals get up on the machine right next to me. Why you gotta invaide my space!?

That's why you buy equipment for a home gym. I'd much rather work out in the privacy of my own home than be crowded by sweaty folks who think that it's social hour.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

^ This. lol
    yep ^^ this. :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what machines do you use?
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    uggggh i hate this too. when i was really overweight and first started at the gym really fit dudes would get on the treadmill next to me but couldn't keep up because i had a longer stride being 6'0" and fairly muscular in the legs despite my weight lmfao. it was priceless.

anyone someone gets on the machine next to me, i treat it like a race. i'm sweating balls running there. hell yeah i'm proud of that.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Actually, I always feel it would be a bit rude to take a machine really far away from the only other person using one - even though I'd much prefer to be all by myself, far away from them! I don't want it to look like I think they have cooties or something!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You don't own the space, Ducky..... those women are obviously less worried about personal space and more about getting the job done than you are.

Get in, get it done, get out. Applies to evey aspect of life.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You don't own the space, Ducky..... those women are obviously less worried about personal space and more about getting the job done than you are.

Reminds self not to piss you off...ever. Lol
  • AJ_Pete
    Options

Haha, he knows I'm teasing.... but never piss me off, haha.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

she'll cut a hoe.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Because they think you are good looking and know what you are doing. They want a little help. Orrrr, you look old and safe and they are worried some weirdo will come in next and sit next to them. ;)
  • AJ_Pete
    Options

she'll cut a hoe.

^he knows.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Women are FLIRTING with you and men are CHALLENGING YOU? IDK...just fart a few times and they will leave LOL
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have a favorite machine at the gym... it sits right under the air conditioning vent...if it's open I take it .. if not I go for the next closest one ... I don't care if it puts me next to someone unless they are smelly or looking like they may keel over. If you like personal space that much try taking an extra water bottle and put it in the machine next to you ... that way someone will think it's taken already.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I use the Men's Rule of the Urinals.