lost 25 and losing willpower

Options
Hi - I have lost 25 pounds and going back to cookies and crap food - emotional eater with depression - any suggestions other than wiring my mounth shut?

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you start with filling out your profile. something about doing that tells yourself you are committing to your plan. Typing it out helps solidy the commitment...so all can see. Make the effort to post a picture, even if it is a cartoon. Open up your diary so friends can help you with choices, and you can view friends choices. An open diary is incredibly helpful.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to keep the junk food out of the house so it won't be so easy to get ahold of. Don't give up. You've already lost 25 lbs!
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you start reading positive blogs from people or coment on people's messages...it makes me not want to put something bad in my mouth!
    Options
    Thanks for responses - husband is junk food addict - ask him to hide it - but I will seek it out if urge is there
  • prayerseeker
    prayerseeker Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How do you post a message forum post so others see it? I tried a blog and it wouldn't let me.. Any suggestions?
  • simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How do you post a message forum post so others see it? I tried a blog and it wouldn't let me.. Any suggestions?

Go to message boards, select which category you want to post to, and then select New Topic to start a new thread.
  • tinamwaits
    Options
    I have struggled with Depression for the last several years and I have found that exercise helps me to deal with it. I didn't want to have to take medication to deal with the Depression so I had to find a better solution. After hours of research on the subject this is what I came up with. When I am feeling down or get the urge to eat something I shouldn't I make myself do some sort of exercise. At first it was really hard, but after seven weeks it has become second nature and I love it. Good luck!
    Options
    Where do you get energy from - I want to sleep all the time - ready to pack it in
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Lost 100 pounds and then came the summer and travel, eating out and at other people's houses. All I can say is get stuff that is low in calories and munch away. I like to keep sugar free 15 calorie popcyles around and fat free yogurt but granted they don't give you the satisfaction for that crunchy chewy craving. I go upstairs and try to go back down but sometimes the craving wins out. Try some thin sliced lunch meat or even dill pickles; anything that will keep the calories down.