My first NSV!

Options
I'm short, 27 years old, and I have no excuses for being overweight. I joined MFP about 2 months ago in the hopes of losing 15-25 lbs., but I also needed something to FORCE ME to be active and stay active.

My weight loss has been as slow as molasses. I'm still the same size that I was 2 months ago. I haven't been taking my measurements but I don't "feel" like I've lost any weight.

BUT.

Today I completed a yoga challenge at the studio I practice at!

I started doing yoga in Dec. but I was only going sporadically and I wasn't committed. Anything and everything was an excuse to stay home and not go to class. If my husband didn't feel like going, I also stayed home. If there was something good on TV, I stayed home. I was really stuck in a rut!
This summer, for a reduced rate, my studio offered 20 passes from July 1 to Labour Day. After labour day they expire, so the incentive to go was built in (who wants to waste their money right?)

I can HAPPILY say that I did my 20 classes, I feel more committed to yoga than ever before and I have a ton of motivation to continue my practice even during the school year (I'm a high school teacher and sometimes my hours and the studio's hours don't match up :ohwell: ). I don't depend on other people to go to class, I'm definitely improving my balance and alignment and I can't wait to keep pushing myself.

My first NSV!

Replies

• walikeheke
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work, being able to do yoga anything is impressive to me. I'm sure the other results will follow.
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    some people may not realize that the committment itself is a HUGE victory! you commit, and you will see the results, guranteed!

congratulations, that's wonderful to do 20 yoga classes!! I can barely tackle the Wii Fit yoga :ohwell: I think my next step is to go to a gym regularly :wink:

Congratulations again, well done! :happy:
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You'll get a routine down with school and it will just keep getting better!
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! It means a ton :):):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!