Lose 2 pounds per week.

Options
Is losing 2 pounds a week even possible? If so, than how?

Replies

• timerr
    timerr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    IDK, but I'm trying it. I know that it's healthy to loose between 1-2lbs a week. So I'm guessing you can.

Go to your goals on MFP and then write how much you'd like to loose.

:-D
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    It is possible for me at the moment but I'm at the beginning of my weightloss journey and very overweight. If appropriate for you then set the MFP goal to 2lbs/week and follow their total calories - that is what's working for me right now.
  • 1lb = 3500 calories - easily done through 500 calorie deficit in your diet
    2lb = 3500 calories - easily done through 500 calories burned in exercise. i.e. walking 5mph for 60min burns 450-500 calories for me, and I'm just above 130lbs!

Do those two for several days, and there you have 7000 calories burned, or in other words: 2lbs burned through a daily deficit of approx. 1000 calories. Good luck maintaining it. ;p
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    follow the road map http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

your ticker say you want to loos over 100lb so you can take a 30% cut over TDEE for now! recalculate your numbers for every 10 lb gone. You don't have to starve to loose!
  • wmfran06
    wmfran06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is very possible, it has been working for me. Just follow the roadmap and recalculate after every 10lbs you lose and you will be fine. Zumba fitness is a fast way to burn lots of calories and that has been helping me a lot. Feel free to add me.