Screw It

Options

Replies

• ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Technology these days make it too easy to dump someone take the easy n cowards way out but alas it is hiss loss

So where you two intimate? or just texting? that makes a huge difference as well...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    via text message??? is he 12? geez. forget that guy, someone worthy of your attention will come along some day, and you two will laugh looking back on this lol
  • TheNewReen
    TheNewReen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh man. that sucks! I don't let people argue or tell me important things via text. I will pretend I didn't get it! My sister in law is notorious for being a B word for no reason and then trying to apologize with storybook long texts. After the 2nd time.. I no longer feed into it. People these days are so socially dependent on computers and texting, its ridiculous!!
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a putz. You can do better.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    what a dumb, stupid, old hairy man....

you deserve so much better! i know it sucks for now, but time will help you heal.... I PROMISE...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    what. a. douche.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Maybe his other GF got alhold of his phone?

^ most likely option. haha :)

not to poke fun, i know it's a serious issue, but i totally agree with you. throwing in the towel too!! you're not alone :)
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    that is crappy you should have txted him back and said who is this again?
    You are very beautiful i am sure when you least expect it you will find the right guy.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    Thats horrible! My ex broke up with me as he was getting on a train..good times. I am focusin on my weight loss journey and will worry about dating later :)
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was crappy that he did that via text but Im sure that he did it because he didn't want to see you if it upset you. He could have just left and not said anything.... I myself would have done it face to face.

^^^ This could have been it for sure. However, it is never ok to do any breakups not in person. What a crappy thing.

Kudos to this poster for saying he would have done it face to face.
  • seashman
    Options
    I feel you there. I'm not sure which is worse, text message breakups or the whole "I'm just going to ignore you for so long that I can convince myself we 'grew apart'" thing. I had someone pull the latter on me a couple months ago. I'm still in awe of how douchetastic some people can be!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    If he wanted her to come with him he would have taken her out to a nice romantic dinner, told her about the promotion and move, and asked her. If he had a modicum of class he would have taken her out at least for coffee and told her that unfortunately because he was promoted and is moving the relationship isn't going to work out. Instead he acted like an immature 13 yr old and was too much a coward and too big a *kitten* to act like an adult.

You should text him back and tell him that he should make sure there's a fast food joint in the area he's moving because once his company finds out what an immature *kitten* he is they aren't going to want him either.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Dude's so obviously not worth it.... sadly, we must weed through the bullsh*t to find someone worthwhile.
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    well at least you haven't found out on facebook wall that he's broken up with you and in a relationship with someone else like I did. (his age 34)

like my boss and a good friend told me - he doesn't deserve you and you are better off without him. He will call you one day wanting something from you and on that day you will act like you don't know him and walk away :)

(it always helps to see there are worse scenarios)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Oh geez. Some people. Pssshh.

Yeah, I'm just enjoying being single for now, too. It's workin' well for me :)
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Once while on a date, we heard his car alarm going off (and yes, it really was his car) he excused himself to go turn it off and sent me a text saying, "I've changed my mind and I just can't do this". My response was, "I don't have a single word to say to you other than I really hope your car tires aren't flat so you can flee as quickly as possible". Not meaning anything threatening by it but I didn't want him to have to come back inside for ANY reason whatsoever.

The guy who did that to you is an *kitten* and you are better off letting it go. If you need to, tell a friend what happened and send her your response text to get it off your chest. He's an *kitten*. Did I say he's an *kitten*?
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I am just going to concentrate on me n my weightloss n my goals it's more important to me I'll just throw it in his face n send him a pic haha he'll kick himself
  • javagsd
    Options
    What!?! Someone so afraid of confrontation that they take the easiest way out to end a relationship? Or so selfish that they figure over is over and it's okay to just explain and leave? Or so self-centered that they figure there's no point in personally communicating or discussing decision because theirs is the only life affected. Nope - none of those things have ever happened :-)
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I am just going to concentrate on me n my weightloss n my goals it's more important to me I'll just throw it in his face n send him a pic haha he'll kick himself
    Don't send him the pic - when he sees you in person he can eat his heart out in front of you and you can be the ice queen (that look is priceless) :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    don't give up on dating, just give up on dating losers :wink: