I loved Buffy The Vampire Slayer!!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Lost.
    Heroes.
    Scrubs.
    Friends.
    Lie to Me (although I never watched the last season).
    The Killing (was recently cancelled. I mean. Come on!).
    Awake (again, why!).
    A Gifted Man (such a decent show too).
    Pushing Daises.
    House (my favourite show, easily).
    Prison Break (but I see why it ended).
    Flash Forward (only just read-remembered about this one. Great, great show).
    Many more I've forgotten.

Is Six Feet Under any good? Never got around to giving it a chance.
    The Wire...television was never the same for me after it ended.

Breaking Bad...even though the final season is currently airing I'm missing it already!

And so badly agreed.

I was disappointed with Flash Forward. The book was way better. It would have been better as a miniseries, rather than a regular TV show. The problem with shows like that is when you have one big mystery, you have to continually build interest in that mystery by creating a bunch of smaller mysteries that are interesting. The only ones I can really think of that truly succeeded in this was Lost and the new Battlestar Galactica. Flash Forward, The Event, and Alcatraz all failed, imo.
  • gregre04
    Options
    ABC Afterschool Special!
    @ BR3ANDA...loved those after school shows and I love your tats!!
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed with Flash Forward. The book was way better. It would have been better as a miniseries, rather than a regular TV show. The problem with shows like that is when you have one big mystery, you have to continually build interest in that mystery by creating a bunch of smaller mysteries that are interesting. The only ones I can really think of that truly succeeded in this was Lost and the new Battlestar Galactica. Flash Forward, The Event, and Alcatraz all failed, imo.

I agree with Alcatraz. The first few episodes I was really liking it, then it went down from there. But I enjoyed Flash Forward. Wasn't aware it was based on a book though. I'll look into that, cheers.

And The Killing was based around one mystery, but it was done so so well. Real shame it was cancelled.
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The Love Boat
    Fantasy Island
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Firefly....

Lie to Me was great.....
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i used to be forced to watch MASH but now i miss it also watched Hercules, airwolf, and highlander
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Lost! TV will never be the same for me again.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Firefly (slam dunk)

Trailer Park Boys
    The Drunk And On Drugs Happy Funtime Hour
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Friends, Sex in the City, ER :sad: :sad: Never heard of Firefly before
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options

I agree with Alcatraz. The first few episodes I was really liking it, then it went down from there. But I enjoyed Flash Forward. Wasn't aware it was based on a book though. I'll look into that, cheers.

And The Killing was based around one mystery, but it was done so so well. Real shame it was cancelled.

I've heard a lot of good things about The Killing. I'll have to check it out. That's another AMC show, right? I like pretty much everything they do. I'm following The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels so far. Haven't been able to get into Mad Men, yet, but I hear so much about it, I'm going to keep trying; maybe it'll grow on me.
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options

I've heard a lot of good things about The Killing. I'll have to check it out. That's another AMC show, right? I like pretty much everything they do. I'm following The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Hell on Wheels so far. Haven't been able to get into Mad Men, yet, but I hear so much about it, I'm going to keep trying; maybe it'll grow on me.

Yep, another AMC show. And I'm the same. Everything AMC seems to make is quality. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and The Killing are the ones I'm glued to. I've seen a few episodes of Mad Men, but I've been told I need to give it more than 2-3 episodes to really get into it. I can see why people like it so much, but I'm not sure it's for me.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Firefly is my pick too. I have it on dvd and watch it about once a month.
    I have a crush on Jayne Cobb.

"Jaynes a girls name"
    "Well Jayne ain't a girl"
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Friends

X files

American Gothic
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Rome....on HBO
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    My So-Called Life :sad:

LOVED that show!!!

I miss Firefly as well
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Early Edition ( I really like positive stuff!)

Read All About It! (classic TVOntario educational stuff, I wish it was on so my son could grow up with it.)

and almost every positive black and white sitcom that used to come on during "Nick-At-Night"
  • donuts08
    Options
    One tree hill and the shield...
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    So many that have been named already;
    Young Guns and Rubber Bullets
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Homicide: Life on the Street - that was probably the greatest cop show I've ever seen on television. But only the first three seasons; it went downhill fast in its later years.