Shorties 5'1"--how many calories?

Options
We all know how extra hard it is for us little ladies to lose weight.
Curious...how many calories do you eat to lose?
To maintain?
Whats your goal weight?

:D

Replies

• _Amanda_lynn
    Options
    anyone?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    HI

I'm 5'2 but thought I'd answer. I'm currently trying 1500 cals a day - I started at 1200 but that was too low so I do 1500 but don't eat back exercise cals. I'm losing about 1lb a week and aiming for a goal weight 125lb - but that's dependant on how I feel and look - the number is not as important as if I'm happy with my body.

Hope that helps :smile:
  • sabinavaughan
    sabinavaughan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

It depends on alot of things (I know thats not what you wanted to hear and by the way I'm 5'1 1/2 ")

I suggest looking at this and following Dan's advice..its helping me big time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

if you have any questions he has a group on here too and you can private message him (or ask me and I'll try to help) lol

Add me as a friend ifyou'd like!

Have a great day!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. My maintenance is 1600. I eat 1500 or below, but even 1500 is high for me, so I prefer to stay around 1200 or 1300.
  • tattycakes
    tattycakes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 5'1 and I'm on 1200 to lose, it's been going well so far when I don't cheat! The loss isn't particularly fast but it's maintainable.
  • RainbowPride06
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and I aim for around 1200-1300 calories a day and try to work out at least three times a week for an hour each time.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 ft and maintain on 2100-2200 cals a day. i do weightlifting 3 times a week.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm eating 1300 now and eating back about half of my exercise calories. I'm still waiting to see how well this works if I don't see it working next week I might go up to 1400.

I was eating 1200 or below for a long time. I was working too much and skipping lunch and just generally doing it all wrong but I was maintaining at a good weight so I didn't care..... but I think I fell into starvation mode or lowered my metabolism so when I went on a trip and ate normally (plus a little) I gained like 6 pounds in 2 weeks! lol so I think my metabolism is little screwy still but once it's back to normal I suspect 1400-1500 calories a day will be where I land.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options

It depends on alot of things (I know thats not what you wanted to hear and by the way I'm 5'1 1/2 ")

I suggest looking at this and following Dan's advice..its helping me big time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^ This. That thread changed my perspective, and I adjusted my food diary. I feel a lot better. :) I am looking to lose weight, but I want to maintain the muscle I'm building.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller than that, 5'2ish. I will eat anywhere from 1500-1950 cal, depending on activity. Today I netted close to 1700. To maintain it would take approx 2100 cal.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    5'2" and currently eating 1200-1300 calories per day to lose. About a year ago it was 1500-ish and still losing weight. I may have been doing harder workouts back then, I think.

Maintain currently would be 1500.

Goal weight is 125 lbs (and more toned), currently at 141.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I'm set at 1260 per day to lose 1.5lbs per week. I don't usually eat that many calories in a day but my weight loss is slowing down, even after just 3 weeks, so I'm going to have to push myself to make it to at least 1300 to see what happens.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', 111.5 lbs and just upped my calories to 2050 to maintain my weight. I usually end up around 1850 or so though, depending on how busy my kids keep me.
    To lose I stayed between 1200-1500 & lost pretty steadily while watching my macros & sodium.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1000-1400 calories a day, depending on how hungry I am, I don't do deprivation! Currently learning to eat more. I used to skip breakfast, forget to eat lunch then have a very high cal dinner & dessert (like 2500-3000 cals- which I didn't gain on, but didn't lose either and played havoc on my skin, pcos and sleep), so eating regularly during the day makes me fell full and slightly nauseated!
    I'm eating to lose, I have about 70lbs to lose (to get to healthy BMI), when I get closer to my goal and have built up more muscle & do more regular exercise I'll eat more. For now I make sure the bulk of what I'm eating is lean protein and veg.
    I'm 5ft, small frame (my 11yo son has bigger feet than me!)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    oh and my goal weight is 110-120lb. But I'd like to be fairly muscular.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I'm sticking with the 1200 MFP provided. I don't feel deprived ever. I'm in the process of trying to get to between 120-130lbs.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft, eating 1600+exercise cals. Bouncing around from 112-116 lbs right now.

Will be upping when I start lifting.
  • barky586
    Options
    1,800...but I'm a lifter.
  • fankyskag
    fankyskag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and MFP advises I eat 1200 cals, which I'm finding difficult (I'm under!). Need to get it into my head that I need to eat more to lose weight, and once it's lost I need to eat more again. It's going to be a tough journey...!
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1000 a day. I have one free day a week where I eat anything I want. I do the 30 day shred. I'm never hungry, I just make choices that are smart and will fill me up. Oh and if I really want something like a chocolate bar, I'll go ahead and have it.

(normally but in the last couple of weeks i've been revising, which leads to snacking, so some days I've been eating 2000 a day.)

xx