NSV...160 pounds gone, my own father didn't recognize me.

Options

Replies

• babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Eve23, thank you ;)

@pinkprincess1, about 2 1/2 years...I've got about 70 pounds to go and I am getting VERY impatient about it, lol.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you, my lovely sister... that your Father.. your HEAVENLY FATHER, the One who created you, still recognizes you and knows every single hair on your beautiful head! Humans are so flawed and jaded, that they often let us down. (Heck, I have to admit that I myself am guilty of letting people down more than a few times.)
    But God sees the victory in YOU and He is CHEERING YOU ON!!!!!

Remember this: The One that KNOWS YOU intimately and deeply LOVES YOU more than you can ever imagine. He is your true Father and will never leave you nor fail you. Period.

You are successful regardless of what a stinkin scale reads... because you saw the problem, acknowledged it, and CHANGED IT!

In my book, honey... you are a ROCKSTAR!

Kimi
  • plisha729
    plisha729 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful story. A tearjerker it is. Thank you for sharing!
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I'd go ahead and count the "friends that couldn't deal with a smaller you" a victory too.

Congratulations : )
  • AaronandChristopher
    Options
    That is Awesome!!!! Great Job!
  • pinkprincess1952
    pinkprincess1952 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @Eve23, thank you ;)

@pinkprincess1, about 2 1/2 years...I've got about 70 pounds to go and I am getting VERY impatient about it, lol.

Awesome :)
  • babymine55
    Options
    Thanks again all!

@MetilHed..I think you're right, victories in the long run.
    @CowgirlKimi...I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
  • Julietecosse
    Options
    Congrats. Just looked ar your profile photos and no wonder your dad didnt recognise you. Really a super compliment!!
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    when someone asks "WHEN ARE YOU DUE??" -BTW.....never ask that--unless a woman is wearing a neon maternity shirt that is flashing 'BABY ON BOARD'...just sayin. How do you go onward and upward?

Jimmy John's sandwich shops were founded by an interesting fellow. They have numerous quirky and humorous posters throughout. One of the funnier posters lists the top 50 life lessons the founder has learned throughout his life.

One of them says something like:

Never ever say anything to a woman that might imply you believe she is pregnant unless you see an actual baby emerging from her at the time.

Almost laughed out loud when I read that one. The others on the list are pretty funny too.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Awesome job looking good:)
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Such great accomplishments. Keep doin what you're doin! oh... and btw, what is NSV... I've seen that on several posts but am new to the site and not sure what the abbreviation stands for...
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow. That’s great!!! I wish you would had taken his picture with his mouth wide open in shock :-) Congratulations on your hard work paying off.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    Fantastic story! Awesome photos on your page!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I just checked your pictures and you really ARE a different person! Nice story about your Dad. Brought a smile to my morning.
  • babymine55
    Options
    LOL, photos of my dads face would have been PRICELESS! ;-)

And, thank you, for all your kind words...I'm thrilled my story helped/entertained/inspired others!! I know I sure got a good laugh out of it.
  • babymine55
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Such great accomplishments. Keep doin what you're doin! oh... and btw, what is NSV... I've seen that on several posts but am new to the site and not sure what the abbreviation stands for...

NSV is non-scale victory. ;)
  • Sherylgirl48
    Sherylgirl48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow ... you are really lovely -- you/ve done a great job! What an accomplishment! My motivation is mainly to be healthy, but frankly I want to look good, too. I'd love to fit into a size 12 again - actually, a size 14 would be a blessing. Being fat seems to dictate who I am, and I know that's not good. I really do have some good qualities -- they are just kind of buried in all this ugly fat. I would sure like to have a good self image once again. Congratulations again and thanks for sharing with all of us!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Loved your story, sometimes it does take more than your inner self to keep going.
  • babymine55
    Options
    Wow ... you are really lovely -- you/ve done a great job! What an accomplishment! My motivation is mainly to be healthy, but frankly I want to look good, too. I'd love to fit into a size 12 again - actually, a size 14 would be a blessing. Being fat seems to dictate who I am, and I know that's not good. I really do have some good qualities -- they are just kind of buried in all this ugly fat. I would sure like to have a good self image once again. Congratulations again and thanks for sharing with all of us!

Thank you...and, believe me...I know exactly how you feel. Once I hit a certain weight, I could almost feel people's eyes of judgement on me. Then, I began treating myself just as they viewed me. I gave up.

Wthout sounding cheesy or anything...if I can say anything that would be encouraging, DON'T LET DEFEAT GET THE BETTER OF YOU! I did that for too long. I sat, fat and unhappy..and defeated.

I am so happy to have this MFP community here. To encourage, to laugh...to learn.

I really REALLY appreciate all the kind words, and I am (as I said before) truly happy that there are others that found as much humor in my story as I did!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!