Blew out my knee, any quick calorie burning ideas ?

Options
I blew out my knee a few weeks ago I am almost at my goal but now i am at a stand still ever since. I don't have time and place to ride a bike. I wanna burn calories but a bad knee limits me. Any ideas????

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Shadow boxing.
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    swim
  • dannomyte81
    Options
    now that is something that i can get into! thanks
  • wazzanz
    Options
    swimming . Not need to kick.

oh and eating even less :)
  • Lynxie83
    Options
    Boxing! One of the best cardio exercises and you can limit leg movement. It gets the heart rate up! :bigsmile:
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with two blown knees right now (one needs surgery for sure) so I know how you feel. As already said shadow boxing is a great one. I'm able to do some kickboxing and short runs and lots of walking. What about the ellyptical, it's low impact and you can get a decent burn?! Personally I am working hard on strengthing my muscles around my knees. Good luck to you!
  • TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hand bike.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Shadow boxing.

^^ this
  • dannomyte81
    Options
    Kick boxing , boxing and shadow boxing are what I am into, I wasn't sure if the elliptical would work but i'll have to try it. I was doing well but when a knee goes out it throws a kink into my plans. thanks for the ideas.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd say swim or just throw some punches or something. I sprained my knee when I first started on MFP. I was out for a week or so, but then I just started walking slowly, and then a bit faster, then using my elliptical. Just don't push yourself, let it heal!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I suffer with chrondomalacia (had it 10 years) and also waiting surgery on the same knee - I also managed to have a nail go through my other foot yesterday so now in crutches with little to no movement in either leg lol on the plus point I still exercise and I still plan on seeing my PT tonight, I do alot of swimming, boxing, xtrainer, stationary bike at a slow pace. You can still work on your core like ab crunches, leg raises (just in moderation with leg raises though its not a race!) You can also still do squats by placing an exercise ball in the small of your back and leaning against a wall as it take all the pressure from your knees!