Avocados

Options
I bought two avocados in order to transform them in a delicious guacamole for my birthday party, but I was short on time and they are still sitting in the fruit jar.

Any ideas to incorporate them in my diet this week ?

Replies

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    An avocado and chilli salad. Chuck in a variety of leaf, chunks of avocado, and a dressing made from lime juice and chilli
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Love that ! (Love chilis in every form !)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Why not make guacamole anyway? Just without the Olive oil - I don't think it's all that important.
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like grilling them alongside chicken and pineapples for a fun flavor packed dinner!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    one quarter avocado frozen
    one half medium banana frozen
    1/4 almond milk (or your liquid of choice)
    blend together = delicious soft serve frozen yogurt
    I like to add pumpkin seeds to mine for some crunch :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Olive oil in guac? What you talkin bout willis!

Make guac with avocado, garlic, chilli, lime juice and season it. Have with chicken salad. Its amazing.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I just made a salad with a bunch of aragula, a diced avocado and a handful of cherry tomatoes (homegrown, so proud of them ! ;) ), and I mixed sambal oelek and lime juice for the dressing.

It was fabulous ! Thank you much for the suggestion. :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Olive oil in guac? What you talkin bout willis!

Make guac with avocado, garlic, chilli, lime juice and season it. Have with chicken salad. Its amazing.

Exactly this! I usually just make mine with salt, pepper and garlic.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    AvocadoEggSaladII.png
  • careyannal
    Options
    Spread it on a sandwich thin topped with turkey or tuna!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You could also cut it in half, pop the seed out,
    then sprinkle a touch of salt, and some black
    pepper on it. Attack with a spoon.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I use mushed avocado in my sandwiches in place of mayo.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I used to add avocado to my cheese burgers (home made). Probably not a healthy choice but I suppose it could be turned healthy if you use non-beef patties and add in lettuce and tomatoes to it.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Put 1/2 of an avocado in scrambled eggs with reduced fat cheese and about 1 tsp of salsa
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love to mash a bit of avocado in my sandwiches! Turkey, spinach, avocado, pepper, mustard. So bomb!
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The other day I blended an avocado with some cilantro and spices, then used it as a mayo substitute in chicken salad.

AMAZING!
  • PennyRiha
    Options
    Use them in a sandwich with lettuce. Or I like them plain with just a little Kraft Caesar Italian Fat-Free dressing on them. I live in Hawaii so we have lots of avocados and I eat them several times a week.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    great ideas, I just bought 4 because I know they are good for you but not sure how I am going to get them in my diet!!

Can we have some breakfast ideas please! =)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Why not make guacamole anyway? Just without the Olive oil - I don't think it's all that important.

who puts olive oil in guacamole?

All you need for guacamole is mashed avocado, onions, tomatoes, jalapeno/habanero/insert random chili type peppers here, and some lemon juice.