Stop snacking

Options
So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

1. Eat 'negative calorie' foods as a snack, like celery

Replies

• tenaheff
    Options
    My suggestion is to log how much you will eat as your snack before eating it. Then set aside just that amount. If you eat from a large bag, it will be very hard to control your portion.
  • jazzi98
    Options
    My suggestion is to log how much you will eat as your snack before eating it. Then set aside just that amount. If you eat from a large bag, it will be very hard to control your portion.

That's a great idea! :smile:
  • jazzi98
    Options
    *bump* I want tips :3
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until I'm full to stop snacking. I just eat something small (preferably something with protein/fiber) and drink lots of water.

Some examples: a hard-boiled egg, a small hand of nuts, an apple with a little peanut butter, etc.
  • zeedo_odeez
    Options
    Tiny little tupperware boxes and lots of them. I have perfectly weighed out portions of nuts/fruit/seeds that I know exactly what's in them piled up on my desk. I also have a pile of protein bars for the times when I need a quick meal replacement.

But trust me the tupperware boxes are great, I shove one or two in my pocket/bag if I'm going out, just incase.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    lol no thanks, I'm about to have a piece of kfc for a snack, enjoy your celery.
  • jazzi98
    Options
    Tiny little tupperware boxes and lots of them. I have perfectly weighed out portions of nuts/fruit/seeds that I know exactly what's in them piled up on my desk. I also have a pile of protein bars for the times when I need a quick meal replacement.

But trust me the tupperware boxes are great, I shove one or two in my pocket/bag if I'm going out, just incase.

That's an awesome idea :)
  • jazzi98
    Options
    lol no thanks, I'm about to have a piece of kfc for a snack, enjoy your celery.

Haha
  • wmfran06
    wmfran06 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a cup of water which makes me fuller and stops me from snacking as much.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just try to keep healthy snacks around and make sure I'm getting enough protein and fiber during meals. Nothing wrong with snacking as long as you are staying within your overall calorie limits. Some people prefer to spread their meals out over the course of the day instead of sticking to 3 solid meals. Drinking more water does help also.
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just don't keep anything tempting in the house. And when I go out, I bring a small container of nuts with me. I don't mind snacks if they are healthy! I eat a LOT of baby carrots, veggie chips, and nuts.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I usually plan out and portion my meals and snacks the day before and log them ahead of time. I am then able to use my food diary as a guideline instead of logging as I go. That way, I don't run out of calories halfway through the day. My food/calories are rationed out to last me the whole day.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I agree with the tupperware.

I keep ziplock bags full of perfectly proportioned snacks and I just throw them on the counter or in my purse when I'm on the go.

I also keep my scale on the counter right next to the fridge so I remember to weigh everything.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

Keeping with the spirit of the OP, here are some additional nonsense "tips"

Never drink water. It's just an empty snack that will raise your scale weight.
    Don't work out. It will just make you eat more.
    Try not to eat anything, ever.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i like snacking so it's part of my allowed calories...usually set aside 500-700 calories for snacks everyday. this still gives me 1200-1400 cal to split into three meals...if i'm having an active day that adds another 400 cal to use as I want.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

To get you started:

Sorry but negative calories don't exist. That's like saying, "I can breath in a vacuum chamber"
  • jazzi98
    Options
    I just don't keep anything tempting in the house. And when I go out, I bring a small container of nuts with me. I don't mind snacks if they are healthy! I eat a LOT of baby carrots, veggie chips, and nuts.

Aww, I wish I could keep all tempting food out of my house but my mum & step dad are pigs :L
  • jazzi98
    Options

To get you started:

Sorry but negative calories don't exist. That's like saying, "I can breath in a vacuum chamber"

Apparently the amount you burn to eat celery & the amount celery gives you means you get like -2 calories. I don't know though, just going by what a large amount of other people are saying.
  • kidelh
    Options
    I keep peanut butter, peanuts, pistacchios, tuna, and syntha-6 (protein supplement/meal replacement) at my desk for when i need a quick snack. The peanuts provide good fats (mono & poly) and the tuna provide's omega-3s and protein.

Eating something little every few hours is ideal in keeping your metabolism running effectively.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If it goes in. It has calories. It counts. Otherwise chewing in general would be tracked, as exercise.