Is your MFP profile linked to FB ?

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I do, but only certain parts. I may redo it to include less. I have it linked to my exercise, weight loss, and blog. I may retract the exercise and blog. Not because I don't want people knowing. The people on my facebook are people I actually care about and who care about me. Only because I think it might get annoying for others to have to read through, like spam.
  • jennydanger77
    Options
    it was, a long time ago. but then i realised how friggin obnoxious it was for my friends to see a million mfp updates clogging up their newsfeed. mfp updates are about as exciting as farmville updates. and rather than having all my fb friends click 'ignore all updates from jenny', i disabled mfp from fb.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No. Last thing I need are my cousins teasing me about my weight loss.
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    hell no! i dont need to share every moment of my life and my friends dont need nor want to read it. anyone on my FB who is also on MFP i am friends with here too, they can be as interested as they please.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mine was but now it's not because my husband's whole family thinks I'm some sort of scumbag because my father-in-law's twin sister told everyone I bad mouthed my husband after she saw mfp post an update to my FB when I replied to a topic months ago about a book (The Secret Lives of Wives - good book btw) where the title of the post was something like, "help I hate my husband!"

So now I don't use FB at all because of the problems it creates. :grumble:
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. I have a certain stigma that I have to uphold on FB. I have too many people on there who don't need to know every little aspect of my life. I can actually be myself on here.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    People still use Facebook? :huh: :laugh:
  • mdmorgan25
    mdmorgan25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No. I will post what I want when I want about this journey. Don't want it done for me.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    nope! i'm a private person to begin with, and i wanted to do this on my own.

also i love surprising friends and family when they haven't seen me for a couple months.

"omg are you STILL losing weight?!"
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yes mine is....my friends know how hard of a struggle i have had, so i let them see what i am doing....many are very supportive of me and always comment on my workouts...that is all i post to FB.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Mine reports when I LOSE weight. That's all.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nope - most of the people I know on FB are either not interested, or it's none of their business.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have a wide range of friends on FB, and don't want to clutter everyone's newsfeed with my daily "lifestyle change" details. I share that with people on here.
    Some people on FB complain when someone post pictures of food, I can't imagine how they would react to such minutiae.
    And as others have said, I don't want them to know how much weight I truly had to lose. I have ex boyfriends on there!!... lol. The ones I'm closest with already know what I'm doing, as they have to listen to me on the phone, in person, etc.
    The other people on FB will surely be able to tell I've changed my lifestyle by what I am talking about on there, groups I'm liking, etc.
    And when I feel the need to share more, I do.. Like my awesome protein powder pancakes from yesterday.. or how I did yoga at the Salvador Dali museum... little things like that.
    I am hoping it will be obvious to others by pictures that will continue to be put up as time goes by.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have a wide range of friends on FB, and don't want to clutter everyone's newsfeed with my daily "lifestyle change" details. I share that with people on here.
    Some people on FB complain when someone post pictures of food, I can't imagine how they would react to such minutiae.
    And as others have said, I don't want them to know how much weight I truly had to lose. I have ex boyfriends on there!!... lol. The ones I'm closest with already know what I'm doing, as they have to listen to me on the phone, in person, etc.
    The other people on FB will surely be able to tell I've changed my lifestyle by what I am talking about on there, groups I'm liking, etc.
    And when I feel the need to share more, I do.. Like my awesome protein powder pancakes from yesterday.. or how I did yoga at the Salvador Dali museum... little things like that.
    I am hoping it will be obvious to others by pictures that will continue to be put up as time goes by.

Please share your protein pancake recipe!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't like to be the center of attention at friend and family functions, so I try not to give people close to me too many details. :embarassed:
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My closest friends and family know what I am doing and about my progress, the rest don't need to know. This is a journey I am taking with them and my MFP community because they understand my struggles and successes without judging.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a "bookface" account.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't have mine linked to Facebook. I feel like MFP is a great site where I KNOW I am being encouraged and supported, like it is a safe place; whereas Facebook is a bit more public to everyone and I don't want to share my personal stuff there such as weight loss, exercise, what I eat, etc. Facebook is more of a social site, not really a place to share my weight loss journey and truth be told I don't feel comfortable sharing all that information with everyone on my Facebook. Maybe it's time to clean up my Facebook friends!! =)
  • chosengiver
    Options
    whats facebook?
    ^^^THIS