Shorties 5'1"--how many calories?

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I truly hate these threads.
    Your calorie intake is based on factors and its not just about height.

Height
    Body fat%
    Occupation
    Routine

I have clients at 5'1" consuming 2200+ cals to lose fat.

I have clients at 5'1" consuming 1400 cals to lose fat.

For clarity read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I eat about 1000 a day. I have one free day a week where I eat anything I want. I do the 30 day shred. I'm never hungry, I just make choices that are smart and will fill me up. Oh and if I really want something like a chocolate bar, I'll go ahead and have it.

(normally but in the last couple of weeks i've been revising, which leads to snacking, so some days I've been eating 2000 a day.)

xx

Don't follow this advice.
    1k a day isn't very smart for anyone above 3 feet tall.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I eat about 1,700 a day, give or take 100 calories. I work out for 45 minutes 5 times a week and am 170 pounds right now.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm

5ft0
    32C, 25, 37
    19% body fat

I calorie cycle and eat paleo. I eat 800cals or more( regular), 300 cals (fast day), 1300 cals or more (feast day).
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and currently eat 1500 calories and successfully losing. I'm working on raising it slowly to my TDEE.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and currently eat 1500 calories and successfully losing. I'm working on raising it slowly to my TDEE.

I should add that I currently workout 30-55 minutes six days a week. I'm only looking to lose a few more pounds. I'm more focused on toning now. But I am still losing at a steady pace.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and my MFP is set to 1310 cal per day, to lose 1 lb per week. I eat back enough of my exercise calories to make sure I don't net under 1200. I go over my calories probably once every 8 to 10 days (by about 200 or 300) because I do like to eat out once in a while with my family.
  • TealKittyMoo
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5ft1, and I find out to maintain my weight I needed to eat only 1549 so it seems as if different websites contradict each other because others said to stick with the 2000, I personally found with the 1549 I was loosing x
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". My start weight was 143. I started eating 1200 calories a day for about 2 months, and lost 15 pounds. I just upped my calories to 1338 (BMR) and started a little exercise. I was NOT exercising on 1200 calories a day and I have a VERY sedentary lifestyle. It was not difficult to only eat 1200 a day for me. If you have even light activity during the day you might want to go up a little bit.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 3 and a bit"

i am now at 155lbs - i have lost just over 50lbs and aim to be 133lbs.
    which doesnt sound that low, but alothough i'm a a shortie (fun sized i like to think of it as :happy: )
    my build doesnt look that great much lower than that, so thats where i'm happy.

i intake less that MFP says i should (1200), for no other reason than i dont really snack and my meals are low calorie, not massively low, but a little lower, my weight loss is really slow, but i'm happy with that too, at least it'll stay off this way.
    i also go to the gym 6 days a week, even if its only an hours brisk walk on the tredmil, as the rest of the time i sit at a desk, so i need to get some activity in somewhere.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and 152.5 lbs. My BMR is ~1400, so that is my total (not NET) daily caloric intake. I cannot concentrate and feel incredibly weak if I consume less than this.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and 152.5 lbs. My BMR is ~1400, so that is my total (not NET) daily caloric intake. I cannot concentrate and feel incredibly weak if I consume less than this.

I should add that I do go to the gym often and have an active lifestyle.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can have about 1810 calories.

I'm still losing though.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I eat 1360 plus my exercise calories if I want to.

I started (and lost the majority of my weight) at 1200 but when I started researching after my losses dramatically slowed, I realized that I could eat more and it wouldn't hurt :)

I do tend to hover between 1200 and 1360 on non workout days and between 1600-1900 on workout days.

I am only six pounds from my goal weight of 114 so my losses are slow but definitely still coming!
  • sionnain
    Options
    This thing always sets me to 1200. (A) I can't do that on a day where I don't exercise and then (B) on the days I do exercise, it wants me to eat like 2200 calories at most (to make up for the calories lost in exercise)

So I just have it set to maintain weight at 1420 calories, and I am just going to eat that no matter the exercise I do. I figure this will balance out.
  • sionnain
    Options

you sound like me! i'm rather active as well.
  • LessThanLev
    LessThanLev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'1 and I have 1200 calories a day. I go over more than I should and I'm not weighing myself but i can tell my the way my clothes hang that it's working!
  • chunkymonkey414
    chunkymonkey414 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1/2 inch. I weight 250 and eat 1800 cals.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am barely 5'2". I started at 1360 and lost most of my weight there. Tried 1200 for a month or so and it was not enough for me. After losing most of my weight I went up to about 1600 and slowly lost there. I am a couple of pounds from my goal, but I switched to maintenance for a while to see what that was like and I ended up losing 2 more pounds at 1720.
  • _haleyscott
    Options
    I was eating 1200 calories a day for a week and lost 3 pounds. I usually ate most of my exercise calories back, but there were days where I wouldn't exercise and it was hard to stay under my calorie goal. Starting today I'm going with 1420 calories a day :)
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I truly hate these threads.
    Your calorie intake is based on factors and its not just about height.

Height
    Body fat%
    Occupation
    Routine

I have clients at 5'1" consuming 2200+ cals to lose fat.

I have clients at 5'1" consuming 1400 cals to lose fat.

For clarity read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-

Thank goodness someone else shares my thoughts on this. I'm 4'11 and was a competitive swimmer for years (shoulder injury ended my career) and I was eating over 2,000 calories a day and even now I eat up to 1800 a day and I've lost almost 30lbs. I don't work out super intensely, but I am active and workout daily. My coworkers always tease me about how much I eat, because I am always snacking on something, I just like to eat and I refuse to restrict based on the fact that I'm short.